Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gettysburg Gun Show

Dobbins House...is that the one the has a real neat down in the cellar old style tavern with long tables and an upstairs dining with lights in wagon wheels hung from the ceiling?

If so eaten there too.

So many good places to eat, and visit in Gettysburg...so little time.

Are the deer still all over the place?

(Adams County)

There are still plenty of deer around here. Even with the controlled shoots in recent years. The Dobbin House is the one with the cellar tavern on Steinwheir.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    this is a new show, the first at this location. I spoke to the promoter and he should have over 400 tables
    If this is the first one they must have canceled at least a few times, I've seen this location advertised online several times before in the last year or two, I always thought it was unusual that they would allow a gun show there, but I guess this is PA lol.
    I'm getting a little low on ammo, and the York show isn't until the end of October, so I'll be there sometime Saturday morning.

(Adams County)

From what I understand that the gun show is still on. As for food Ideas, here are a couple with out breaking the bank.

Earles Inn (30 towards York from the square)
    Lincoln Diner (Carlisle Street)
    Garry Owens (Chambersburg Street)

I actually live downtown Gburg, if you need information of any sort, please let me know. (Tourism, Food, Fun, so on)

-John

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    If this is the first one they must have canceled at least a few times, I've seen this location advertised online several times before in the last year or two, I always thought it was unusual that they would allow a gun show there, but I guess this is PA lol.
    I'm getting a little low on ammo, and the York show isn't until the end of October, so I'll be there sometime Saturday morning.
    This is the first show Eagle Arms is running here. From what Joel told me they did have shows there a while back but they never amounted to anything (no explanation why)

Wish it were closer, from what Joel and Rich Warner have told me it's going to be one hell of a show.

(York County)

I just got back from the show, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed, it was a 30 minute drive each way, and $14 admission for me and my girlfriend, and all I left with was a box of gold dots. There was only one vendor with any ammo selection to speak of, he didn't have much in the way of cheap range ammo, but he did have 50 round boxes of assorted 9mm hollow points for $25, though they appeared to be LE surplus that's been sitting around for a while. As I was waiting to get the guys attention he was telling another guy that if you shoot someone with a revolver in DA mode it's self-defense, but if you cock the hammer it's premeditated murder, and they can tell the difference from the indentation on the primer, and the guy believed every word of it!
    There wasn't much of a gun selection either, and prices seemed to be slightly higher than at the York show, in the hour and a half I was walking around I only saw one person buying a gun. There seemed to be more non gun-related vendors than the York show as well, I saw several jewelry vendors, various antique items, some decorative candle lanterns, candles, and various other items.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LocoBoomer View Post
    From what I understand that the gun show is still on. As for food Ideas, here are a couple with out breaking the bank.

Earles Inn (30 towards York from the square)
    Lincoln Diner (Carlisle Street)
    Garry Owens (Chambersburg Street)

I actually live downtown Gburg, if you need information of any sort, please let me know. (Tourism, Food, Fun, so on)

-John
    I love the cheesecake at the Lincoln Diner , haven't been there in a while though..
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(York County)

I just got back from the show, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed, it was a 30 minute drive each way, and $14 admission for me and my girlfriend, and all I left with was a box of gold dots. There was only one vendor with any ammo selection to speak of, he didn't have much in the way of cheap range ammo, but he did have 50 round boxes of assorted 9mm hollow points for $25, though they appeared to be LE surplus that's been sitting around for a while. As I was waiting to get the guys attention he was telling another guy that if you shoot someone with a revolver in DA mode it's self-defense, but if you cock the hammer it's premeditated murder, and they can tell the difference from the indentation on the primer, and the guy believed every word of it!
    There wasn't much of a gun selection either, and prices seemed to be slightly higher than at the York show, in the hour and a half I was walking around I only saw one person buying a gun. There seemed to be more non gun-related vendors than the York show as well, I saw several jewelry vendors, various antique items, some decorative candle lanterns, candles, and various other items.
    Thanks for the review. I was debating on weather or not to go. I'll skip it and go to the Harrisburg one or Valley forge in a couple weeks.

(Adams County)

Well, there were most of the same vendors, but they didn't bring much to this show. Maybe testing the waters before they went all out. I had no intentions of really buying anything, which I didn't. As has been the case at most shows lately, there were no great deals. I don't think this had anything to do with this particular show, it just seems to be the current trend. $150 for 192 rd can of Garand ammo on clips ($99 from CMP), reloads for more than bulk military prices, etc. I'm pretty cheap when I shop, so I bought nothing.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

You know after just getting off the phone with Rich Warner I have to ask if you are either full of it or someone put you up to this.

Not only was Warner there with god knows how much ammo but 308 ammo is there. Now ANYONE that knows 308 ammo knows damn well he is stocked to the gills when he comes to a show. Hell I don't even like the guy personally but I will be the first to say he brings a SHIT PILE of ammo to any show.

From what Rich just told me he (308 ammo) has 14 tables loaded with boxes and cases of ammo and then 4 spaces where tables should be loaded with cases of ammo. On top of that there was a 3rd ammo dealer whose name I forget.

So which is it? Are you just 'show shitting' or are you being put up to this by someone who doesn't like Eagle's shows because right here and now I am saying you are full of it.

And BTW, we will have pics tomorrow to PROVE you are full of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast