Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default GSG 1911-22 and Chiappia 1911-22

Does anyone have any experience shooting either of these guns. I have read some conflicting arguments about the Chiappia so I am looking for someone that owns one and has fired some rounds down the bore.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: GSG 1911-22 and Chiappia 1911-22

I have a Chiappia Puma and I have been happy with it. It has about the same weight as a standard 1911 only with an alloy slide. It feeds just about anything I throw at it with the occasional stovepipe (not often but it is a .22 :-)). I got it cheap from a local dealer who got it shipped from Davidson so I have a Lifetime Warranty/Replacement. I just couldn't pass that up!

The trigger on the gun is not the greatest but its also not the worst. A little oil and a lot of shooting smooths it out a little better and you get used to it. Also helps when practicing with this gun and then going to another. I noticed my trigger pull smoothed out a little from this because of the trigger.

The Mags. are plastic but I have not had a single problem with mine yet.

I have used several different types of cheap "Wal-Mart" ammo through it and its been functioning pretty good.

The front site is rounded and you can file it down if necessary to sight in better. I didn't need to do that at all as mine was pretty much "right on". Its a very accurate little gun for what it is and a great plinker to just mess with down the club.

I don't know anyone who has a GSG so I can't say anything about. All I know is that the GSG is about $100 - $130 more than what I paid for my Puma. So, that and the Lifetime Warranty I got made the decision pretty easy for me.

Hope this helped in your decision :-)

(Monroe County)

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: GSG 1911-22 and Chiappia 1911-22

I do not own either, but have handled a GSG. I believe the fit and finish on the GSG will be a fair bit better than that of the Chiappa. Also I was under the assumption that the Chiappa deviates from traditional 1911 design. I really liked the GSG I got my hands on, and would love to have one but I can't justify another .22 pistol when I have a MKIII.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here