Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Blowback air gun for practice?

I'm thinking of picking up one of these:

http://bettyip.com/32P9JR

It's a clone of the Sig P226 that shoots pellets and it's a blowback so on the one hand it wastes CO2 to push the slide on the other it is more realistic because there is a bit of recoil.

Since the ammo is cheap and I can shoot it in my basement or backyard, I think this would be a great way to get in additional practice. I've got the 22 conversion kit coming for my sig so I can shoot the actual pistol more cost effectively but it still requires a trip to the ranges because I live in the burbs.

What do you all think? Is the practice with such a gun transferable to the firearm? Does anybody have a blowback air gun? What do you think of them?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Blowback air gun for practice?

I din't think it is a bad I dea. I have been thinking about it myself. It is a way to get some more triggrer time in.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Default Re: Blowback air gun for practice?

I bought one a few months ago. I got one that runs on green gas or propane. All you need is the propane adapter and you can use 1lb propane bottles to charge your magazines. You do need to put a small amount of pure silicone oil in before you charge the mag to keep the gun lubed. I got a G17 replica and it's almost identical even the mags. With a little grinding it even fits my holster and the mags fit my mag pouches. It's great for practicing draws, reloads and transitions. As long as you only shoot 1 shot per target it's pretty realistic. Double taps are super fast since there is essentially no recoil so those times will be much faster than live fire. It's a great way to get trigger time at home or even at work. I practice behind my office at lunch sometimes. It's a fun supplement to dry fire practice since you get feedback on every shot.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.