Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Applying on Friday!

I'm turning twenty-one on Friday and will be at the courthouse that day to turn in my application (which is already filled out). Also, was at the gun shop today to make sure what I wanted was in stock and it was indeed. Exciting times. Just thought I'd put it out there.

-Nick

Default Re: Applying on Friday!

Tomorrow run back to the gun shop find the gun you want and put money down on it. I can't tell you how many times I went back because they had them in stock just to find out they had a run on them and now they are all gone.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Adams County)

Great to hear that you are choosing to carry. So, what pick to carry?
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Great to hear that you are choosing to carry. So, what pick to carry?
    Going with a Glock 23 for the first purchase.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by nstrav10 View Post
    Going with a Glock 23 for the first purchase.

Good choice. A G23 is my usual carry as well.

(Monroe County)

Congratulations. Owning, especially carrying, is a HUGE responsibility. The fate of yourself, and depending on your beliefs, those around you, rests on your shoulders. With carrying a weapon comes great responsibility. Carrying a firearm will become a humbling experience, and you should follow that through out the rest of your days. Knowing you have the ability to take the life of another man with the simple pull of your finger should, and MUST lead you to evade conflict, to seek out any other means possible to escape peril, and to ultimately make it home safe each night under the letter of the law.

You are the next generation, and everything rides on your actions. You do not have to be a role model, but you MUST respect what those before you died for.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Congratulations. Owning, especially carrying, is a HUGE responsibility. The fate of yourself, and depending on your beliefs, those around you, rests on your shoulders. With carrying a weapon comes great responsibility. Carrying a firearm will become a humbling experience, and you should follow that through out the rest of your days. Knowing you have the ability to take the life of another man with the simple pull of your finger should, and MUST lead you to evade conflict, to seek out any other means possible to escape peril, and to ultimately make it home safe each night under the letter of the law.

You are the next generation, and everything rides on your actions. You do not have to be a role model, but you MUST respect what those before you died for.
    That right there is excellent advice. I got my license at 21 also, just so I could throw it under the seat on my way to the range though. The first few times I actually carried were kind of " scary " for lack of better term.

Its something to take serious, at first I thought I was Billy bad ass. Now I pray I never need to use it to " stop the threat. "

MJ

(Chester County)

Thanks for the post. I do plan on heeding all the advice given and on being a responsible gun owner (as I've been so far).

X2, nice post.

(Bucks County)

Early congrats nstrav10 on the LTCF and Happy Birthday!

Says the 24 year old.

JK, good post.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast