Howdy Folks,

I have a Springfield Armory M1911 A1 .45 accurized by George Madore many many years ago. The weapon was owned by my father (Joe Carapellotti) who was a close personal friend of Georges'. I inherited this weapon when my father passed (2001), and kept it in the hopes that I eventually would be doing some competitive shooting. Unfortunately, this has not come to pass. I have other handguns which I keep available for home protection .. but this .45 is a bit of an overkill to just sit on the nightstand.

I am considering putting it up for sale (probably will), but I was hoping someone here could give me some idea of it's value. I'm not looking to get rich off it, but I also don't want to get rooked.

Can some of you folks give me some ideas on value? And if necessary, what kind of things I should be looking for to increase/decrease the value? I can tell you that since 2001, the gun has seen less than 100 rounds shot through it, and it's been kept safely stored in the gun box for all this time, so it's pretty much in the same condition it was in when my father passed.

I appreciate any information .. Thank you

Karl