Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Just pulled the trigger on a LCP.

I got it home and have some time to sit down with the LCP. I like it. Just puting it unloaded in my pocket it feels so light. I know loaded and with a proper holster it will be a bit more. But way better than my S&W Sigma 9mm. No trigger time yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

I will have to adjust my grip from bigger guns and put my thumb along the grove but bend it down a bit. Not to much though as to operate the magazine release. I'll probably search or start a grip thread at some point. I have the Impact +1 magazine extension on its way. The Ruger one helps but not much. If the Impact +1 give me problems with a week spring ill just go with one of the other grip extensions.

Research will now seriously commence on a proper pocket holster during break in.

Here are some photos of my LCP and its friends the S&W Sigma 9mm (SW9VE) and a Colt Lawman Mk III in .357/.38. The Tac Light on the Sigma is a Leapers UTG Tactical Pistol Flashlight mounted with a Laserlyte Laser Rail Adapter from the proprietary Sigma rail to a Picatinny rail.

Next on the list sometime down the road is a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical, Walther PPS, and something from the Sig Sauer P220 line. That should satisfy my handgun desire and I can move onto a long gun build around the AR-15 platform.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Just pulled the trigger on a LCP.

Congrats. We ended up with two of them here. Great little guns. They are really accurate once you figure out the sights (or lack there of) and the trigger breaks in a little.

No, it won't stay that heavy or tight. I'd recommend the full (thorough) clean and relube. Ruger packs them in cosmoline.

Then I'd take the empty pistol and pull the trigger as far as you can without releasing the hammer about 400 times - rapidly, or until both of your hands cramp.

Then put 200 rounds through it.

Completely different gun from what you are holding right now.

The Hogue handall jr installed upside down keltec P3AT style works to fill out the grip and gives the slim gun some more "purchase". But has a tendancy to not stay put real well.

As for holster... there are a million pocket holsters for it. The Kel Tec P3AT belt clip works on it too. And honestly. The thing drops in a pocket "as is" as well as any of that other stuff works.

(Philadelphia County)

Just bought a holster for mine today. A Desantis Nemisis pocket holster. It is nice, the rubber exterior grips my pants and the LCP fits snug. There's a lip on the holster to flick it off the gun if needed when drawing, all of 20 bucks, but you can find better if you shop around. Mine has had exactly 4 FTF in exactly 200 rounds. I need to get through at least one box of 50 before I can trust my Elsie Pea

(Monroe County)

Nice little gun, i dont use the sights on mine so the sights dont bother me, its defense gun so i just point it like i'm pointing my finger and pull the triger, i shoot Magsafes out of mine at about 15 feet at 1 gallon milk jugs filled with water, i had to use a broom and dust bin to clean up the remains totally pulverize the milk just .

I carry mine in a Desantis nemesis too , awesome little holster.

Nyman

(York County)

Nice gun, the LCP. Mine is normally carried as a back up, rather then the primary weapon.
    I carry Hornady Critical Defense. Feeds good.
    The only failures I've had were an occasional FTF if I rack the slide rather then use the slide release (this after inserting a magazine). I don't thik it's the LCP. I think I'm not releasing the slide (from my fingers) quick enough since there's been no FTF's using the slide release.
    As far as shooting...well, it's "point and click" for me since I bought it for up close and personal work.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Montgomery County)

I picked one up last weekend, and so far, I'm not impressed. Yes, it's point and shoot for that "up close and personal" distance. And, yes, I suppose it could save your life. It's certainly something you can carry in virtually any situation, when the "real" gun has to stay at home, so maybe it does what it's designed to do. But, once I get my Crossbreed SuperTuck for my CZ-RAMI, I might take the hit, and get rid of it. I need to put more rounds through it, but I dunno, even at close range, I think I could empty the magazine and still miss a target farther than 5 yards away, leaving me with a useless weapon in my hand, and a very pissed off assailant.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Allegheny County)

Got the first 50 rounds through the LCP this morning and here are the stats shooting slow fire at 12 yards.

I was shooting at a 8" round bullseye target on a 8.5x11 in paper with a large piece of fresh cardboard to track my misses.

Out of 50 I had 8 off the paper the farthest at about 8". The rest landed somewhere on the paper the majority of them in the 8" circle, I was defiantly pulling to the right a bit.

I had no FTFs and two FTEs although one was when I was intentionally loosened my grip so I will chalk that one up to grip mechanics. Both FTEs where cleared simply by racking the slide.

I am confident with proper live fire and and dry fire practice that I can land shots onto the torso of an assailant at defensive distances.

My S&W Sigma 9mm did better landing about 30 rounds into the 8" circle on the paper.

(Allegheny County)

I was able to put about 85 of 100 in a 3-4" hole at 20'.

She kept about 90% on a 6" pastey after the first box of ammo.

They take some getting used to.

(Allegheny County)

I got an LCP for Father's Day--hardly even know it's in my pocket. I really like the Desantis Nemisis pocket holster--I originally had an Unckle Mike's pocket holster--but when I took the gun from my pocket the holster came with it. Got the Nemesis pocket holster and it stays put, only the gun comes out. I highly recommend it!
    BTW where did you purchase your LCP? I got mine at The Shooter's Bench in Russelton--$299, Big Buck's in Wexford wanted $340, which doesn't surprise me as it seems everything is overpriced there!! Got to say that The Shooter's Bench is mine & my son's favorite gun shop--just sayin!
    "A Man's Just Got To Know His Own Limitations"

(Allegheny County)

I was happy with my results today. Better than I though. When I went back to my Sigma it felt huge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast