Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default CZ 2075 RAMI thoughts? Or other suggestion?

Well I've been looking at subcompacts lately and I stumbled upon the CZ RAMI. The second I saw it I fell in love with it and started reading a bunch of reviews on it. I only have one concern, is the width a little too large? I want something I can conceal relatively well (currently I'm carrying a full size 1911 so I know a RAMI will be a huge improvement), but I'm wondering if I should be looking for a single stack gun instead.

If anybody can chime in on the width and how it affects concealability it would be much appreciated.

However, if someone would like to suggest something else I have overlooked, here's what I'm looking for.
    -Subcompact, easy to conceal
    -Nothing smaller than 9mm (I love .380 but it's just too darn expensive!)
    -Preferably metal frame (I might be able to make an exception here, but NO Glocks, nothing against the gun, just not for me)
    -About $600 max

Thanks!
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: CZ 2075 RAMI thoughts? Or other suggestion?

I don't own a Rami but certainly wouldn't turn one down if it came my way.

I do own a Kahr MK9 which I like very much. Easy to conceal, a bit weighty for such a small gun since it's metal. The PM9 is the polymer version of the same. I don't have any issues with the weight at all.

Other small 9mm metal frame guns to look into are:

Sig 239 (I think it's considered a compact and not a sub compact but very nice)
    S&W 3913, 3914
    Kahr K9

I'm sure there are others I can't think of at the moment.

Default Re: CZ 2075 RAMI thoughts? Or other suggestion?

The RAMI was my first semi pistol, and spawned a P-07 just a few weeks ago. I can definitely say that it is not hard to conceal. I am a very thin guy, and have no issues concealing it with a SuperTuck. I don't wear baggy clothes, and really didn't have to change much for it to disappear, just took some experimenting with location. About 4 o'clock with a decent amount of forward cant seems about perfect for me.

That being said, a thin single stack would be easier to conceal, but to me, the extra width is worth it. Definitely helps with the control of the gun in recoil, and definitely makes it a decent range gun. 200+ rounds is not painful...same can't be said about the PF9-size guns (I do want one, however). It is also a little heavier than a G26, but again, worth every ounce. My only experience with a G26 was that it felt like it wanted to go into orbit after each shot.

And now for the standard line...try before you buy (if you can). But I can say, after letting people try my RAMI, I only know of one person who didn't like it. But that was because it wasn't a 45 .