Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Taurus Raging Bull

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. I currently own a Sig Sauer P226, and would like to add a nice revolver to my collection, possibly for competition. I am currently looking into buying a Taurus Raging Bull, they seem to be a nice pistol at a reasonable price. Everyone tells me I should buy a Smith & Wesson if I want a revolver, but I like the looks of the Taurus more and it is significantly less expensive. Does anyone have any information on the reliability of this handgun? Is this a good purchase?
    Last edited by Hoootie; October 22nd, 2007 at 09:15 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Taurus Raging Bull

they are stronger then the Smith & Wesson, the Taurus shoots very well, i have one in 454, and it has accounted for a blck bear, 2 whitetail does and an elk. buy one they are wonderful firearms.

I am looking at the .44 magnum version but I am guessing they are quite similar as far as reliability is concerned. I see alot of them on Gunbroker.com, I might get one off of there. I will probably only be using it for target shooting and self-defense.

(Chester County)

Head over to www.taurusarmed.net for all the info and opinions you'd ever want on anything Taurus.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Westmoreland County)

Love my Bull! I was just discussing .44 RB's over at the Firing line and some guy was arguing that the Bull is built too well for .44 mag...to much extra, un-needed weight for that round! Is that a bad thing? I don't think so...it is very sturdy, has great cylinder lock up and really manages the .44 recoil with V8 porting and all that "extra" weight! LOL It is a great gun and i highly recommend it!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Wow Rocketfoot I think your picture just sold me on that revolver. Is that a 6 1/2 inch barrel or the 8 inch one?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Wow Rocketfoot I think your picture just sold me on that revolver. Is that a 6 1/2 inch barrel or the 8 inch one?
    6-1/2" Matte Stainless Steel. The looks sold me when I first saw it...but the quality was a big plus! It has a lifetime warranty, also.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    they are stronger then the Smith & Wesson, the Taurus shoots very well, i have one in 454, and it has accounted for a blck bear, 2 whitetail does and an elk. buy one they are wonderful firearms.

I would like to see some information/not just opinion to back up the claim on how the Taurus are stronger than the Smith & Wesson X-Frame, and it has also accounted for Elk, bear, Moose, etc.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    i personally love the look of the raging bulls, i've only shot one which was rocketfoots, i'm sure he'll be along eventually but it was a great, solid gun... saw one used at cabelas tonight but WV has a wait period and i'm not about to drive another 2hrs round trip to pick it up
    Unless you'e a dealer, you wouldn't have been able to to pick it up. ...interstate transfers of handguns are illegal due to the GCA. You could have paid for it, but you would have needed Cabelas to send it to a dealer in PA to finish the transfer.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

It's a nice looking hand cannon, that's for sure. The only thing I don't like about it (and it's an issue with several of Taurus' products) is the massive lettering on the side of the barrel. YES, we know it's a Taurus, okay already!

I've been playing with the idea of buying one of their new Judge revolvers but can't help but worry that it's going to have "TAURUS" plastered on it in massive letters. I'm not aware of any other manufacturer that uses such massive gaudy lettering, why Taurus? They need to knock that crap off their guns A.S.A.P.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast