Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Taurus Raging Bull

Smitty 686 is a good one too...had a powerport version, a 4" 686+, and 6" 686+ in the past...dad's got a powerport w/ a Bushnell Trophy red dot on it for deer hunting; for now, I make due with a nice 4" S&W 19 til he hands his 686 down; the group at the hunting camp is going to reload .44 mag like mad, so obtaining a "Dirty Harry" special makes sense; I priced out the consignment Taurus vs gunbroker and the guy wants too much and won't come down on price, so I'm not going that way; I am looking toward a Ruger Super Blackhawk as my main .44 mag piece & preserve the 629 for intermittent shooting

Smile Re: Taurus Raging Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. I currently own a Sig Sauer P226, and would like to add a nice revolver to my collection, possibly for competition. I am currently looking into buying a Taurus Raging Bull, they seem to be a nice pistol at a reasonable price. Everyone tells me I should buy a Smith & Wesson if I want a revolver, but I like the looks of the Taurus more and it is significantly less expensive. Does anyone have any information on the reliability of this handgun? Is this a good purchase?
    If I were you and lived in PA....I would get a .22, the Bull is way to big and will scare the crap out of ya. I have a 454 Casull a S&W 500, and a Colt Anaconda....I love my bull and my colt. If you weight less than 200 lbs, get an airgun :-)

(York County)

Smile Re: Taurus Raging Bull

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    LOL...we call that the "Billboard!" I don't care for it either, but what can ya do?
    I gotta tell ya Rocket, I'm not sure what your profession is but if it's not taking pictures for gun magazines it ought to be!! Every time you post a pic I start reaching for my wallet!! Thanks again for all you do with pictures and specs, etc. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's appreciated.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    I gotta tell ya Rocket, I'm not sure what your profession is but if it's not taking pictures for gun magazines it ought to be!! Every time you post a pic I start reaching for my wallet!! Thanks again for all you do with pictures and specs, etc. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's appreciated.
    Thanks for the comments! I wish I could get paid for taking pics, but until I find a way to, your great comments keep me happy!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Monroe County)

I'm waiting for the Raging .223!!!

I have been having issues with Taurus lately. I first bought a M66 357 Mag and got it with a whole ton of problems. The gun shop took it back and I got a 444SS8 instead. Got it and for some reason when I fully load it with winchester 240 grain 44 mags, or blazer (which I know are cheap) 240 grain 44 mags after so many shots the cylinder will break loose and be free spinning. It is still locked up into place but I have to spin the cylinder by hand until it locks in to place because it wont let me cock the hammer back. Then after shooting them the casings stick in the cylinder and dont want to come out. Remingtons 180 grain 44 mag rounds seem to work fine but I shouldnt be stuck shooting only one kind of ammo through it because it is a brand new gun! Does anybody know what is causing this or what I can do to cure this problem. Is it something I need to send back to Taurus to fix or is it a simple fix? PLEASE HELP!

I've been lusting after a bull in 454 for a couple years. Maybe it'll make my short list next year.

I have read a lot of good reviews about the Raging bull series. I think I just have the worst possible luck with guns. I bought a Remington 870 deer gun in December of 09 and it jammed constantly and had to return it for a replacement, I bought a Springfield Armory Compact .45 and didn't have any issues with it, then I bought the Taurus M66 357 Mag and had MAJOR issues with it and had it replaced with this Raging Bull and now having to send it back. So my last year has been horrible with buying guns and it is really getting frustrating. So maybe it is just my luck so dont go by my review alone to decide whether or not to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. I currently own a Sig Sauer P226, and would like to add a nice revolver to my collection, possibly for competition. I am currently looking into buying a Taurus Raging Bull, they seem to be a nice pistol at a reasonable price. Everyone tells me I should buy a Smith & Wesson if I want a revolver, but I like the looks of the Taurus more and it is significantly less expensive. Does anyone have any information on the reliability of this handgun? Is this a good purchase?

I bought this one 2004 never a problem. 44 mag & I love it, very accurate.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Franklin County)

The Taurus Raging Bull is a very nice Accurate Pistol. If interested, I have one. The Taurus Raging Bull Casual 454. It has Bausch & Lomb Scope, Shoulder Holster, and 100+ Rounds. It has the Blue Finish. mjsma@att.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast