Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Anyone been to Cabela's recently?

I've bought 3 fairly good 'deals' on used guns at Cabela's over the last few years. I purchased an Astro-Hungarian Frommer-Stop pistol with holster and the WW2 capture papers for $175. A WW1 Spanish-made Ruby pistol made for the French Army for $125. and a Mosin-Nagant 91/59 at $100. I also had coupons that helped sweeten the deal.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

(Philadelphia County)

Just went there, I have never seen such bad prices before. Last couple visits had been decent, but all I ended up with was gun supplies.

(Armstrong County)

Cabela's prices are rediculous on everything! I was looking at a small bow target and I couldn't find a price on it so I called over a worker and he scanned it and I about fell over when I saw $100!

(Allegheny County)

Went to the one in Maine a few weeks ago (visiting my kids on vacation) and the prices were OK but not very competitive compared to some of the stores here in the Pittsburgh Area. Wanted $359 for a Ruger LCP with an extra mag. It is $300 in Ace in Washington and $299 in Sportmans up in Butler.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ewrski View Post
    Went to the one in Maine a few weeks ago (visiting my kids on vacation) and the prices were OK but not very competitive compared to some of the stores here in the Pittsburgh Area. Wanted $359 for a Ruger LCP with an extra mag. It is $300 in Ace in Washington and $299 in Sportmans up in Butler.
    You could buy the LCP for $299 and buy a mag for like $30ish. (That's what I did)

(Berks County)

i normally only go there to see exactly what gun i want, see how it feels and such, then buy somewhere else possibly online. i have to say though i have bought a gun there, i went with the intent to see how the xd sub 9mm feels and just get to play with it then buy online but when i asked them the price i was surprised that it was on sale and it was actually cheaper than i could buy it online. since then i havent seen anything even come close to the prices i can get online plus transfer fees. if they had a price match on online prices then id shop there a lot.

(Cumberland County)

It's a joke as far as new guns go. Some one earlier said skip the new case and go right to the used guns. That's the best advice you can get about Cabela's. Even some of their used guns were way overpriced. I did get a good deal on a S&W 637 that looked like it might have been shot once, maybe, if that. A round or two, not even five. It was a great deal. I also saw a High Standard 1911 for $350 that I wish I would have grabbed. That and an immaculate Colt Mustang that they only wanted like $500 for. The thing looked like it just rolled of the assembly line at the Colt factory.

Most of the deals at Cabela's are not on firearms, sadly to say. You can get great deals on accessories and ammo sometimes though. Just keep an eye on their sales. The Bargain Cave is also a good place to look around if you like digging for a deal. They just pile all the discounted, opened, misplaced merchandise into a room. I got a great deal on a Galco holster because the packaging had been damaged. http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...y-options.html
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Northampton County)

They do have some great black friday deals as well. A few years back I picked up my 10/22 there for $169. Like everyone is saying though, do your background work and know what you want and what it's worth before you go or else you'll be in the hole.

I have to admit though I really do like going there to handle guns if I'm in the market for a new one. They have such a great selection compared to what I am used to at my local shops. But usually I just handle theirs and then either buy or order it from a local shop.
    "The Earth is for the living." -Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

TANNERS IN JAMISON PA IS WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!

YES IM YELLING!

Stoped in on Wed. eve coming home from Knoebels.
    I don't usually buy gun items or fishing items as they are on the hi side.
    I always find good "Lose Leader items" or closeouts.
    Picked up a Columbia Omni dry shell for my son for $39 (regulary $129 not just there but the store around the corner from me ) wife picked up a north face winter shell/fleese for $45 and the daughter goit the same in the teen size for $20.
    They had the top of the line Marine colemen cooler @ a real good deal as well.
    Just have to be there at the right time. I think last time I was there they did not have jack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast