Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Warminster cops do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You could have been shot. Hang on to that holster.

Two separate issues. I would not put myself at risk conducting myself in that manner nor would I have aggravated another driver. Just me.

But that in no way justifies even 1% of the response he got from LEO. They are completely separate issues.
    Except for the fact that the PD encounter would have been completely avoided had the wench not had a reason to call 911. And I totally understand , I live right there and the "aggressive" women drivers are out of control here but when you carry, you MUST be discreet. JMHO

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    I won't flame you. I see your point. By your reasoning, I probably shouldn't salt my fries at McDonald's while OC either. How about reading the local paper? Reading my Bible?
    All of these activities provoke and alarm other people too. I did not 'brake check' her to provoke her, rather I did it to wake her up after all other options had been expended.
    I do, however, see your point. I will take it as good advice.
    People who brake check appear to be one instant away from road rageing. it is entirely possible that the suv driver didn't realize she was tailgating. Some people just drive like that. Your brake check and then swirving off the road probably signaled to her that you wanted to fight. Then she saw the gun and called the police. She probably thought she was about to die.

I'm sure that isn't what you want to hear but it's true. A break check is step one of starting a fight.

I don't think it is clear what I was trying to say. I think what happened is what you thought and what she thought were just different.

(Allegheny County)

To be honest this all goes back to acting MORE responsible while carrying a weopon. Brake checking is not one of them but sometimes human nature steps in before thinking.
    Thank you SSgt.Tim Chambers......

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Except for the fact that the PD encounter would have been completely avoided had the wench not had a reason to call 911. And I totally understand , I live right there and the "aggressive" women drivers are out of control here but when you carry, you MUST be discreet. JMHO

Having a firearm on your hip, open for the world to see, is not discrete to some people. Should have have done what he did? No, it was unsafe. Had she not been paying attention, he would have been a hood ornament. However, I am going to plead the 5th, on things I have done on a bike when people tailgate.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I agree with the last sentence fully.

But they are still two different issues. It's pretty obvious the cops knew he was no threat pretty quickly.

It's kinds like saying if you didn't give a cop the finger then him and his buddy wouldn't have got out of their cars and shot you to death.

One is, in my opinion, an error in judgment. The latter result is, in my opinion, unjustified.
    Last edited by ungawa; August 4th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    When a LEO can't be trusted to handle his own gun lets say 10% of the time, what gives him the skill or ability to handle my gun at any point in time?
    I'll second that. Sad statistics is well known. Up to 10% of cop using the firearm cases are AD/ND or otherwise unjustifiable shooting (while civiliand do it in like 0.1 or 0.01 percent of the cases, just don't remember the number of leading zeros... did I just come up with another nickname for Obama?). So there is only one message, that I want to sent them - STAY AWAY FROM MY GUN!

I'm an instructor myself and few good cops show up every now and then asking for some training. So I educate them on how to handle gun(s) and also doing my best to educate them how to handle themselves near the law abiding gun carrying citizen. The bad cops, on the other hand, will never approach me (or any other instructor for that matter) - and that sucks. But we shouldn't forget, that WE are their bosses, and by participating in local political shenanigans we can have power to change things in our favor.

As of the OP - I'm trying to stay EXTRA careful when OC-ing. In the situation like that I'll be the first to pull over and dial 911, or the local police station - I have non-emergency numbers for Upper Dublin, Horsham, Warrington, Warminster and Warwick PDs in my cellphone just for cases like that. Anyway, I think you did fine given the circumstances. Rep inbound.
    Je suis déplorable

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    It means when a LEO has a gun in his hand, NOBODY is safe. Having participated in LEO handgun training, and seen LEOs shoot, I would run for cover if I saw a cop handling a gun.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I agree with the last sentence fully.

One is, in my opinion, an error in judgment. The latter result is, in my opinion, unjustified.
    Same thing. They're both wrong.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    People who brake check appear to be one instant away from road rageing. it is entirely possible that the suv driver didn't realize she was tailgating. Some people just drive like that. Your brake check and then swirving off the road probably signaled to her that you wanted to fight. Then she saw the gun and called the police. She probably thought she was about to die.

I'm sure that isn't what you want to hear but it's true. A break check is step one of starting a fight.

I don't think it is clear what I was trying to say. I think what happened is what you thought and what she thought were just different.
    I agree with your point on brake-checking being perceived as a step away from road rage or an invitation to start a fight, but this woman flipped the bird at him after she passed him. How scared could she have been? If I feared for my life, I wouldn't further aggravate the situation by giving the threatening person the finger. But then again, she could just be that stupid.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by fizzyone View Post
    I agree with your point on brake-checking being perceived as a step away from road rage or an invitation to start a fight, but this woman flipped the bird at him after she passed him. How scared could she have been?
    Dashcams rule!
    Je suis déplorable

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast