Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Talking I have been surprised.

I received my LTCF renewal letter last Saturday. Expiration October. I mailed it in on Monday. I received an email today, Wednesday, that it's ready to pick up. I have had my LTCF in York County for 20 years. On to the 25 year mark. Anyone else see a quick turnaround like this? TT
    Ghostery

Default Re: I have been surprised.

I haven't had mine long enough to renew it, but mine was approved 2 days after I mailed it in which means it had to have been approved the day after they got it. If I submitted the application in person, I wouldn't be surprised if I walked out with my LTCF in hand.

(York County)

I had the same experiance. Got mine in 2 days.

(York County)

Yeah, the York County Sheriff's Dept is super. Mailed my renewal on Wed, got the call on Fri. Went in today, and it took me longer to park than to get my card. Friendly & efficient.

When you go, turn around and look at the bulletin board with the mug shots on it. A lot of goofs, but a couple of big scary guys with really nasty habits. It just confirms to me WHY I carry!

Speaking of carrying . . . no firearms, no cell phone, no knives, no nothin' allowed in the courthouse. If anything ever happened in the courthouse, everybody is completely defenseless. The state trusts me enough to let me carry as many firearms as I can, just about anywhere, at any time, but the county courthouse doesn't trust me enough to come in for 10 minutes to get my LTCF? It makes no sense! So if somebody attacks me on the way back to my car, what am I supposed to do, smack them with the laminated card?!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyGal View Post
    Yeah, the York County Sheriff's Dept is super. Mailed my renewal on Wed, got the call on Fri. Went in today, and it took me longer to park than to get my card. Friendly & efficient.

When you go, turn around and look at the bulletin board with the mug shots on it. A lot of goofs, but a couple of big scary guys with really nasty habits. It just confirms to me WHY I carry!

Speaking of carrying . . . no firearms, no cell phone, no knives, no nothin' allowed in the courthouse. If anything ever happened in the courthouse, everybody is completely defenseless. The state trusts me enough to let me carry as many firearms as I can, just about anywhere, at any time, but the county courthouse doesn't trust me enough to come in for 10 minutes to get my LTCF? It makes no sense! So if somebody attacks me on the way back to my car, what am I supposed to do, smack them with the laminated card?!
    That's why you check your firearm and other "dangerous weapons" at the courthouse as provided by state law....
    This way you can walk to the courthouse armed. Go about your business in the courthouse, then pick your firearm and/or knives up before you leave and you're set.
    § 913. Possession of firearm or other dangerous weapon in court facility. <snip>
    (e) Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing the court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d).</snip>
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    That's why you check your firearm and other "dangerous weapons" at the courthouse as provided by state law....
    This way you can walk to the courthouse armed. Go about your business in the courthouse, then pick your firearm and/or knives up before you leave and you're set.
    I guess I got some bad information, then . . . someone had told me a year or so ago that they no longer have lockboxes at the York Co Courthouse. I took his word for it, because I know he carries and is often in the courthouse. Maybe I misunderstood him. I guess I should have called the courthouse to be sure. Thanks for clearing it up.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyGal View Post
    I guess I got some bad information, then . . . someone had told me a year or so ago that they no longer have lockboxes at the York Co Courthouse. I took his word for it, because I know he carries and is often in the courthouse. Maybe I misunderstood him. I guess I should have called the courthouse to be sure. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yes, zackattack784 is correct. They do have lock boxes and have been incredibly professional every time I've gone in there. The court houses are required by law to have lock boxes available.

Be advised, there is a "NO WEAPONS" sign on a little stand just outside the front door. Just walk past it. When you get through the 2nd door, get the attention of one of the guards before doing anything else. I have always been treated with respect.

There was an account in the past year where one of the guards launched into a ridiculous tirade about carrying. After the event was over, his superiors were contacted, he was educated, and promptly changed his tune.

On a side note, Welcome to PAFOA!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.