Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Sampson Rd Range

Anyone know how long the Sampson Rd range will be closed? I went by today and they were doing construction and the range was closed.
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

Default Re: Sampson Rd Range

I was there at 2pm today. The range is usually closed on Mondays in the morning for maintenance.
    Please excuse me if I start ranting.
    The rifle range was open. I was waiting in my car for them to finish the handgun range about 20 minutes. Okay they finished. I grabbed my gear and headed to the bay. A sign reading Range Closed. So I walked back to the guys and asked why the range is closed. Their response....ready......"oh, we just felt like it, but, the rifle range is open". They knew I was waiting for the handgun range. Why didn't they mention this before. I was LIVID. I have been going there about 3 times a week. I like going in the daytime its off hours and usually i'm by myself. I was so happy today, new boards, nice and clean, beautiful weather for shooting. Empty. Man, am I PISSED.

(Erie County)

I was at this range this Saturday and love it! I like the fact the handgun range is separated from the rifle range. I finaly had a chance to shoot my s&w .40 and was happy with it. I was kinda bummed to see signs posted about the vandalism and garbage left behind and this range in jeopardy of being closed permanently! Sad. I try to pick up after others before I leave.

Quote Originally Posted by warren40cal View Post
    I was at this range this Saturday and love it! I like the fact the handgun range is separated from the rifle range. I finaly had a chance to shoot my s&w .40 and was happy with it. I was kinda bummed to see signs posted about the vandalism and garbage left behind and this range in jeopardy of being closed permanently! Sad. I try to pick up after others before I leave.
    I'm glad you liked it. But please please be careful. There are allot of very unsafe individuals there. I've seen many. I only use the handgun range so I can't tell you about the rifle range.
    I usually go on Tuesdays because the place is usually not terribly shot up as of yet because they do the maintenance and board changing on Monday mornings.
    If you can go during the weekdays, maybe we could hook up over there, providing the weather is nice. I only have 1 gun right now as I will be getting my other gun back on Friday.
    Just let me know if your interested in a shooting partner.
    Also welcome to the forum!

(Erie County)

yes! your right about some who are less than careful! Not sure but the sign specifically stated Hanguns only and had some guy with his young daughters shooting rifle in the handgun range!! ahhhh these people are the ones who make us look bad! I'm only able to make it there over the weekends more likely saturday's than sunday.

Welcome aboard from Erie.....
    Jules

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Welcome aboard from Erie.....
    Jules
    Thanks Jules ! I'm glad i found this site!
    Ron Paul for President! Save our US Constitution! Stop UN Control ~~

(Erie County)

Good day at the range! got the wife to shoot the handgun for the first time! She's over the fear of shooting it. The range was alittle busy thats for sure but, everyone there was great! My five year old was picking up all the spent cases off the ground someday down the road her and dad will be shooting buddy's. She's only 5
    Ron Paul for President! Save our US Constitution! Stop UN Control ~~

(Erie County)

Where exactly is this range. I was there over the summer, but only once.

Help is much appreciated.

(Erie County)

"We The People..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast