Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Angry This crap has got to stop! Police violating rights.

So I'm driving into the Wendy's drive through, all set to get my Chili on when over the police scanner comes a call for a unit who's made a traffic stop and somehow has "Found" a gun in the offender's car - now this isn't all that uncommon an occurrence, especially up in Sheraden, where this was.

What caught my ear was that they "had the driver at gunpoint" and were requesting backup (It was a unit with a rookie in the car, so I'm not too surprised at that)

Out of idle curiosity while I wait for my drink and food, I flip a radio on to the "Index" channel, where the police look up all kinds of info - DL's, LTCF's and Guns (in the illegal pseudo-registry).

Now I expect the name and DOB of the person involved to be a younger person and for them not to hold a LTCF. But to my surprise, what do I hear? The officer asking for verification of a LTCF! And the DOB is of a 55 Y.O. Man. Next, predictably, they run his Bersa .380 through the non-existent database! (The dispatcher reporting that it "comes back registered to 'him' and is not stolen")

Now I'm missing a lot of information, such as how they found out about the gun in the car, or what kind of attitude the person put forth in the traffic stop. But this chain of events that I'm hearing from this end is still enough to give me heartburn and make my chili taste bad

I hope that if the person involved is a member here, they can shed some light on their side of the story...

Oh, and there's no point to this post - I just needed to vent.

(Venango County)

Default Re: This crap has got to stop! Police violating rights.

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post

Oh, and there's no point to this post - I just needed to vent.
    Chile will do that to ya!

I agree with you and think it was a good idea to post. I hope it was someone who lurks here so we can get "the rest of the story." If not, maybe it will be someone who now will search the interwebs and stumble across us.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Venango County)

It seems that more and more, these things are happening. Or, at least, we are hearing about them more and more.

Now, it could be he was drunk, had the gun in his hand. But I would bet dollars to donuts, that he was asked to get out and said "Officer, I have a legal side arm right there on me . . .*slammed to the ground*."
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Chile will do that to ya!

I agree with you and think it was a good idea to post. I hope it was someone who lurks here so we can get "the rest of the story." If not, maybe it will be someone who now will search the interwebs and stumble across us.
    alleghney co.,is off the charts with this crap,i got pulled over on my way to the range,for a tail light out,cop saw a gun case behind the seat,ammo in the glove box,locked,oh the shit he put me through,cuffed and all,leagal,gun transported laegal,took 2hrs they let me go on my way,you would think i just killed someone.some of the pos are out of control,it makes me wonder if we are really safe.

(Delaware County)

Sniper; a lot of police are fine... and you're safe, unless you get hit by a poor driver when you are pulled over. Don't touch your gun and take a deep breath.

Also, another reason not to mention I have a gun concealed. Yuck.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

Quote Originally Posted by GregorOneEye View Post
    Sniper; a lot of police are fine...
    No, they are NOT. The day "the majority" of you "fine" officers step up and rat out the bad guys with badges, I will call it "fine". As it stands, this happens on some rare occasion, seldom before the bad badges already got into the cross fire of the media. And almost never within the same unit.

That isn't "fine" police in my book. That resembles rats fleeing sinking ships.

Jan
    Last edited by MostlyHarmless; August 4th, 2010 at 02:57 AM.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Bellevue PD

I had a very similar occurrence with Officer Bradford of Bellevue Police Department in December of 2009.

As a former LEO, retired military (with MIL ID) and FOUR different concealed permits, I was put through a very similar ordeal. (I provided all the above information upon the Officers first contact at my vehicle, including my retired badge.)

NEVER again will I volunteer that I am carrying through verbal means or by presenting an LTCF, unless a duty to inform exists in the applicable state. (PA law does not) LEO's that engage in this type of hostile attitude towards armed, law abiding citizens establishes a dangerous precedence that damages the trust of the gun owning public. One lonely night or one very long day, it may be that citizen that saves your life. (I would think LEO's would want to do their best to engender the trust and confidence of this part of society, in particular.)

Following the incident, I had a meeting with the Chief of Police, Matthew Sentner. As the saying goes, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Unsurprisingly, he's part of the problem. Like many bureaucrats, "Safety" is the justification used for this abuse of power and for the betrayal of public confidence. (Of course, how could anyone argue with "Safety"?)

The real problem is the pervasive anti-gun politicians in political/government service, and the LEO's that have the US Vs THEM mentality in their heart.
    Hopefully this is a wake-up call for EVERY GUN OWNING CITIZEN to get out and VOTE!!! We need to have people in PUBLIC Office that SUPPORT the law abiding citizen!
    -Citizens own guns, subjects don't.

(Venango County)

RIG4DIVE,

Glad to see someone like you on the boards. Sorry for your troubles, though. The reason I am glad is that many active LEO and perhaps some retired seem to think that us "purist" constitutional types are anti-LEO.

Your story shows that this is not necessarily the case. It is a matter of individual citizens interfacing with his government's authority. It demonstrates how the interaction is not a personal interface, though personalities are involved, but is rather an interaction of the citizen with someone with governmental authority that could be abused and often falls into a gray area. Some LEO seem to take this personally and they seem to forget that they are an agent of the state and therefore the citizen should proceed with extreme caution with all encounters.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Repeat after me:

Officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety.

Wash, rinse, repeat as needed until you get your mind right.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Repeat after me:

Officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety, officer safety.

Wash, rinse, repeat as needed until you get your mind right.
    please,gun in case,ammo locked up,officer saftey my ass,abuse of power yes,some young pos think they are god,i understand its a dangerous world but to violate your rights,give me a liberal break.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast