Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Tennessee man sues for right to bare arms

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    some people on here are hypocrites...

the OP has been hassled numerous times for doing NOTHING outside of the stated laws for the area he's in, but yet people on here jump all over him..

again...the OP has my support as a gun rights advocate.
    I agree. He is a bit hardcore, but he is perfectly legal and should not be harrassed at all by anyone, not by the LEOs and not by the Internet.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    He's just trying to make money from lawsuits. He's been banned from numerous forums.
    The problem isn't what happened during, it's what's happening afterwards. I've already said to contact another lawyer.
    I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a troll. In one thread, you criticize someone who had an encounter for not taking legal action. They contact an attorney who gave long odds on the case, and you say he should "contact another lawyer".

Then, we have a situation where someone has actually filed suit because their rights were clearly infringed, and where there is no question that no law was broken, and you accuse them of "just trying to make money" from the suit.

You need to make up your mind, and also realize that you aren't the final authority on these matters.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

I like that you found a law on navy pistols and proceeded to hold one in hand. Pretty ballsy! Good luck!
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

Embody is representing himself and could not be reached for comment.
    Have any legal background? Just curious. Good luck with the case. We need more people out there like you.

(Wayne County)

Sometimes "Patriot" and "Crackpot" are two sides of the same coin. Inevitably, history judges retroactively by the outcome of their pursuit.

From what I've read here about Kwikrnu, I personally disagree with his tactics and believe them to be, in most cases, counterproductive. However, with that said, LAWFUL CONDUCT IS LAWFUL CONDUCT. As long as he, or anyone else here for that matter, is conducting himself lawfully, it would be self-defeating of me to not support his cause. We are both in the same boat.

I just hope that you don't tear the bottom out of the boat.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Sometimes "Patriot" and "Crackpot" are two sides of the same coin. Inevitably, history judges retroactively by the outcome of their pursuit.

From what I've read here about Kwikrnu, I personally disagree with his tactics and believe them to be, in most cases, counterproductive. However, with that said, LAWFUL CONDUCT IS LAWFUL CONDUCT. As long as he, or anyone else here for that matter, is conducting himself lawfully, it would be self-defeating of me to not support his cause. We are both in the same boat.

I just hope that you don't tear the bottom out of the boat.
    Bingo!..Oh, and nice to see ya today!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Bingo!..Oh, and nice to see ya today!
    Likewise for you and the boys.

Your younger son cracked me up when he asked "So, this is a "vehicle' and not a "truck?"
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Likewise for you and the boys.

Your younger son cracked me up when he asked "So, this is a "vehicle' and not a "truck?"
    Oh you have no idea what he puts me through...oh erm....uh.....back on topic:

Good luck with keeping things all legal like O.P.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a troll. In one thread, you criticize someone who had an encounter for not taking legal action. They contact an attorney who gave long odds on the case, and you say he should "contact another lawyer".

Then, we have a situation where someone has actually filed suit because their rights were clearly infringed, and where there is no question that no law was broken, and you accuse them of "just trying to make money" from the suit.

You need to make up your mind, and also realize that you aren't the final authority on these matters.
    One person is actively seeking confrontation with law enforcement in order to file lawsuits, and has admitted to painting the tip of a gun to purposefully make it look like a toy in order to deliberately confuse the cops. The other is not. There is an oceanwide gulf between the two.

I didn't get the impression that the lawyer gave long odds; I got the impression that the lawyer thought that Viper got what he deserved and that it should be expected. And the criticism isn't just that Viper didn't take legal action. That's just an oversimplification that ignores his other encounters and results. It's not as if I'm on an island with opinions about both posters. Others, including moderators, have made the same observations about each.

(Delaware County)

One person is actively seeking confrontation with law enforcement in order to file lawsuits, and has admitted to painting the tip of a gun to purposefully make it look like a toy in order to deliberately confuse the cops. The other is not. There is an oceanwide gulf between the two.

I didn't get the impression that the lawyer gave long odds; I got the impression that the lawyer thought that Viper got what he deserved and that it should be expected. And the criticism isn't just that Viper didn't take legal action. That's just an oversimplification that ignores his other encounters and results. It's not as if I'm on an island with opinions about both posters. Others, including moderators, have made the same observations about each.
    while I don't agree with all the OP actions, we shouldn't let that hinder our decision to stand behind someone who is standing up for their rights. we need to rise up and support him.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast