Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Default Re: Tennessee man sues for right to bare arms

Who wrote carrying of arms is a "privilege"?

(Allegheny County)

His latest antics: Found here: http://www.kwikrnu.com/

"On 7-29-13 I decided to pass out 2A leaflets in downtown Nashville. I openly carried a molded kydex rifle case on my back with a ballistic vest. I purchased the ballistic vest because Tennessee cops have repeatedly pointed guns at me. It would be foolish not to wear a ballistic vest. I was detained once for about 20 minutes and let go. I then proceeded to do an interview with news channel 5. I then continued to pass out leaflets and was walking back to my vehicle when I was stopped by a crazy cop. He detained me, while his henchmen removed my sealed locked rifle case and pried it open without permission. They saw a suppressor attached to an AR15 rifle inside the case. there were no cartridges for the rifle nor was there any magazine. I was arrested for the silencer even though form 3 paperwork was inside the case. I am an FFL NFA dealer and pay the SOT. The cops said that since the case appeared to maybe have a rifle in it they were justified in opening it. I was arrested and bonded out at about 5am on 7-30-13

The case was made from kydex. The kydex covered every part of the firearm and no part of the firearm was visible. A cable lock was placed on the kydex case so that the firearm could not be used. The sling was strapped in two places over the kydex case, preventing the case from being opened. As a final touch I placed tape around the case at six points to ensure cops did not attempt to open it. The keys for the lock were not on my person.

I have broke no law and believe the DA has not dropped the charges for fear of a federal lawsuit. Police have targeted me, they are pursuing charges they know to be false. Due to the Younger abstention theory I will file a civil rights lawsuit against MNPD when the state charges are resolved.
    Preliminary Hearing is Aug 20, 2013 at 9:00 am in courtroom 4B. I will defend myself and have asked for a preliminary hearing. I expect the DA to dismiss the charge before I am able to thoroughly question the cops involved in the illegal arrest and detention.

The following are the reasons why I will win this lawsuit:
    # 1 Tennessee statute criminalizes the bearing of arms with "the intent to go armed." A locked case with a firearm inside is not "intent to go armed."
    #2 The possession of a firearm is not per se illegal.
    #3 A terry stop must at its inception be legal, meaning there must be the reasonable suspicion of a crime at the time of the stop.
    #4 There was no exigent circumstance to open the case, and there no no RAS that a silencer was inside until they opened the case and saw the silencer.
    #5 The documents to possess a silencer are not required to be carried, they must be retained, although the documents were in the case with the unloaded rifle."
    Last edited by Hawk; January 28th, 2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Toujours prêt

I would not let that man inside my home, with or without a gun.

Anybody here feel differently?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Nope. You just know that, everywhere he goes, he's looking for a moneygrab.

I believe that somewhere back in the thread archives I said something similar about his character. I may or may not have been blasted for doing so. No matter. I agree with you.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    I think you mean "pro se".

Pro se legal representation means advocating on one's own behalf before a court, rather than being represented by a lawyer.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I don't think so. I think he's a zealot. People in it for the money would choose a legal strategy that had a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I don't think so. I think he's a zealot. People in it for the money would choose a legal strategy that had a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.
    Yeah, I don't think it's about the money. I think he's a self-absorbed attention whore, worse than Miley Cyrus, because when Miley misbehaves, there's no additional push to ban weed or leather lingerie, or crack down on the 1st Amendment that's being used to publicize her antics. All Miley does is make herself look like an ass.

This guy is part of that dangerous group of famed 2nd Amendment advocates who are steadily killing us, one headline and one appellate case at a time.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, I don't think it's about the money. I think he's a self-absorbed attention whore, worse than Miley Cyrus, because when Miley misbehaves, there's no additional push to ban weed or leather lingerie, or crack down on the 1st Amendment that's being used to publicize her antics. All Miley does is make herself look like an ass.

This guy is part of that dangerous group of famed 2nd Amendment advocates who are steadily killing us, one headline and one appellate case at a time.
    Sounds like this is one of the glaring flaws of our legislative process. We seem to like to regulate due to the actions of a small minority.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    Sounds like this is one of the glaring flaws of our legislative process. We seem to like to regulate due to the actions of a small minority.
    Doing the right thing (even if for the wrong reasons) either brings victory to the righteous, or exposes the flaws of the current state of affairs.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425