Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default U.S. Military Crusader Riflescopes

Hey, I am looking for the "perfect" long range tactical rifle scope to put on a .308 Savage and I came across a scope I've never heard of, a U.S. Military Crusader made by Counter Sniper www.countersniper.com. Has anybody ever heard of them? Their 3-26x56mm has every bell and whistle (which makes me quite suspicious) for just under $700. I'd appreciate any info..thanks

Default Re: U.S. Military Crusader Riflescopes

I don't know if you tried the search function or not, I know the website's search engine doesn't really work all that well. You may want to check out this thread and what was said about the counter sniper scopes http://forum.pafoa.org/optics-46/104...ex-page-2.html . Don't hold anything said against the counter sniper against Vortex scopes though. Anyway, page one has a few comments from Aubie and some others, and the rest is what some of us think about the scopes.

Honestly, if you're looking for the "perfect" scope for a long range tactical rifle, you probably aren't gonna find one for less than $2,000. You can get some decent ones that are reliable, consistent, and more than most anybody would need for a bit over a grand. The new Vortex Viper PST's are just barely coming out, and will be short in stock, but they're looking pretty promising for the $900 mark. Either way, don't waste your time with Counter Sniper, they're NOT U.S. Military scopes, that's just the BS that they try to claim to sell scopes to the unwashed.

Talking Re: U.S. Military Crusader Riflescopes

Thanks Tomcat, appreciate it. I figured as much about the "CounterSniper" scope. Even the name of it didn't pass the smell test. I have been reading alot about the PST FFP scopes. One thread I read, the reviewer did an excellent review (SnipersHide.com?) wherein he had measured the reticules against true measurements (yardstick), they were about 3 degrees off or so which was unacceptable to that experienced shooter. Apparently he had contacted Vortex which was concerned about their QC and had put a hold on all PST's until the reticule situation was rectified. IMO this speaks volumes about the company and their desire to uphold their scopes/reputation to the highest standards. Since the PST FFP is brand new I probably won't find a used one in good cond. for quite awhile so I'll have to shell out $899 for one I guess. That's what everyone has them on sale for and I think they got the bugs worked out now. Anyway, thanks guys for the quick response, this website is great...peace.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchman View Post
    Hey, I am looking for the "perfect" long range tactical rifle scope to put on a .308 Savage and I came across a scope I've never heard of, a U.S. Military Crusader made by Counter Sniper www.countersniper.com. Has anybody ever heard of them? Their 3-26x56mm has every bell and whistle (which makes me quite suspicious) for just under $700. I'd appreciate any info..thanks
    The mere fact that you were able to spot BS when you saw it give me hope that no matter how much of a marketing ploy some of these hack companies come up with, consumers are just a little bit smarter.

Congratulations!!!!

Good luck with your scope purchase.

(York County)

I use a Bushnell 4200 Elite on my .308. It's 6-24x which is plenty far enough for most "long range" shooting. Glass is picture perfect, and the price is not ridiculous (yet).

Many people I know tend towards the Leupold craze, but the prices discourage me to pay for a name and a gold band.

(Berks County)

Everything has pretty much been covered. Counter Sniper scopes are a joke, not even worth the tooling they are made on.

Now seriously if you want the best Zeiss Hensoldt, period.