Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy...

(Luzerne County)

Default New guy...

Hi,my name is Lou..[Hi Lou..] I live in Dupont,PA,54 years old,been shooting,casting,fixing guns and reloading since I was a kid.Got my first shooting trophy in 1967.I'm an accomplished gunsmith,although I don't have an FFL anymore.I own a bullet casting business I'm trying to get going,and I own a motorcycle shop.I haven't shot much in the way of competition in the past few years since my club closed[LCLEO&A] but I shot expert or master in most classes.I'm presently trying to get back into it.Just to "tantalize" you all a little,here's a gun I built..Les Baer frame,STI slide,if you don't recognize the part,I made it.I was approached at an NRA action match a few years ago by Doug Koenig,he wanted to see my gun,LOL!!! The comp is gone,I built a nicer one,it shoots a .38 caliber 10 shot figure 8 at 50 yards off a Ransom Rest..

Last edited by ROBOWOP; August 15th, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: New guy...

Hi Lou, welcome to the forum. That is one crazy looking pistol you've got there.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    Hi Lou, welcome to the forum. That is one crazy looking pistol you've got there.
    Thanks S&W!! From the looks of your avatar,I also have your pooches twin!! Looks just like my Pitt Sam...

Welcome Aboard Sir!
    Recoil Happens

Talking Re: New guy...

From one new guy to another, welcome. Oh and nice gun, it definitely looks like it would belong to a robocop, i mean ROBOWOP
    and to the dust you shall return

Twins, how bout triplets, look at my man on the left in my avatar. And Wilson was his name-o
    and to the dust you shall return

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    From one new guy to another, welcome. Oh and nice gun, it definitely looks like it would belong to a robocop, i mean ROBOWOP
    Actually,I got that name shooting bowling pins...Nothing to do with the gun,LOL!!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Twins, how bout triplets, look at my man on the left in my avatar. And Wilson was his name-o
    Here's my beast,my son named him Samson,after "Son Of Sam"..He's a big goof,though,so now he's "Homer Samson"..I've got two more,got his sister,Drucilla,after the cutie wacko vampirette from Buffy The Vampire Slayer,and a pup from a friend named "Moose"..He was a lot bigger,he just went through a REALLY bad bought of Whipworm,almost lost him..[DON'T let your dog get it!!!!]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ROBOWOP; August 2nd, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I belonged to the same range as you did, once upon a time. I am also stuck shooting at the Suscon range.

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't mind checking out your casting methods some day. I am at the pittston side of the Bypass.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Norman,did you shoot IDPA at the LCLEO&A? I did pretty much every match..I must know you.I sent you an E-mail a few days ago..I live near the VFW in Dupont..AS far as casting methods,I have a Magma Bulletmaster,fully automatc,2500 RDs. an hour,and a Bulletmaster autosizer.I am an experienced caster,also,been doing it for decades..I own Advanced Cycle in Duryea,619 main street.Karl that owned BS&T guns is my partner..
    Last edited by ROBOWOP; August 3rd, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast