Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: NAA pug

(Luzerne County)

Default NAA pug

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this revolver? I've read it is easily concealed and packs a punch at self defense close-in range.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: NAA pug

Go here for knowledge;

http://www.naaminis.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

FWIW, I have a similar-in-concept Freedom Arms belt-buckle mini gun, kool as hell and just had the FA folks out in Wyoming fix the front-sight blade.

With or without the front sight; can't hit diddly squat beyond loogie range with anything over a .22Short.
    Waaaaay too much muzzle-whip with .22LR as there is just not much to hold on to when using the birds-head grips that fit with the buckle.

OTOH, it's a fun couple hours at the range as I think the mini's are neat. That said - if you can find a used one cheap, why not.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: NAA pug

They are fun range toys, but as a defensive handgun, I figure they're pretty much useless. Better than a pointy stick, but not by much, especially depending on the heft of your pointy stick...

We've had this discussion over and over. Should you use .22 as a defensive caliber? Probably not. Maybe as a back up to a back up, or deep, deep concealment when no other gun is an option. For the size and price I figure you'd be better off with a Kel Tec P3AT or a Ruger LCP.

Just my opinion. I'd love to have one just to play with, but I wouldn't buy one for use as a defensive handgun.

Someone will be along to extol the virtues of .22 mag out of a 2 inch barrel shortly... I'm just not buying it.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here