Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Huntingdon County)

Default XS Sights on Glock 19

Hi all
    Just put a set of XS Express sights on my Glock 19.
    I choose the standard instead of the Big Dot sight but in retrospect wish I had gotten the Big Dot now. The Big Dot looked so stinking big in the advertisements it scared me but I think they would serve the purpose better than the standard I did get.
    I like the sights, they are very quick to get on and lined up. Its kinda like a peep sight on a rifle. It seems my eye automatically lines up the white line on the rear sight with the center of the dot on the front.
    Another bit of advice I would give is to not use the red loctite on the rear sight until you shoot the pistol and determine it is adjusted right. Mine are off a little tiny bit but enough to make it shoot to the left at 15 yards (about an inch) and there is NO moving that baby now with that red loctite on it.
    All in all I think the XS Expree system is a good quick acquisition sight set. The night sight portion is great also with a green dot front and thin green line on the rear.

Default Re: XS Sights on Glock 19

I'm glad I came across your post. I was pondering these for a Sig pistol. I made a deal for a used pistol with these on them, but it will be a week or two before I get to check them out first hand.

(Cumberland County)

glad you like your new sights. i find it amazing how many different opinions you can get on a item such as sights. it just goes to show you what works well for one person is not ideal for another. btw if you want to move those sights use some heat on that locktite it will soften it up for you. often enough a hot hair dryer or at worst a heat gun will work. happy shooting, red dog

If it makes you feel any better, I had a Big Dot on my Glock 30 and hated it. If all I ever did with the pistol was carry it, then it would have been fine. Two problems though. My PRIMARY carry has a standard set of Trijicons. While I practice "defensive" or "tactical" shooting at the range, I also like to do some precision shooting. With the Big Dot, I needed to COVER my point of impact out to about twenty yards or so. The further out I went, more of a six o'clock hold could be used. I opted for a set of Trijicons for the 30. Again, I am not knocking the Big Dot. It was AWESOME for up close work. I needed to go with ONE sight system so I stuck with the Trijicons.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by licksnsticks View Post
    Hi all
    Just put a set of XS Express sights on my Glock 19.
    I choose the standard instead of the Big Dot sight but in retrospect wish I had gotten the Big Dot now. The Big Dot looked so stinking big in the advertisements it scared me but I think they would serve the purpose better than the standard I did get.
    I like the sights, they are very quick to get on and lined up. Its kinda like a peep sight on a rifle. It seems my eye automatically lines up the white line on the rear sight with the center of the dot on the front.
    Another bit of advice I would give is to not use the red loctite on the rear sight until you shoot the pistol and determine it is adjusted right. Mine are off a little tiny bit but enough to make it shoot to the left at 15 yards (about an inch) and there is NO moving that baby now with that red loctite on it.
    All in all I think the XS Expree system is a good quick acquisition sight set. The night sight portion is great also with a green dot front and thin green line on the rear.
    Is there a set screw in the rear that you are applying loctite to? If it's just a dovetail, there is really no need to apply loctite to a rear sight. The friction is going to hold it in place just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    glad you like your new sights. i find it amazing how many different opinions you can get on a item such as sights. it just goes to show you what works well for one person is not ideal for another. btw if you want to move those sights use some heat on that locktite it will soften it up for you. often enough a hot hair dryer or at worst a heat gun will work. happy shooting, red dog
    I wouldn't apply too much heat to any sight that contains glass tritium tubes.