Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    (Venango County)

Default Re: Negative encounter with PPD this afternoon - schooled a Sgt. from the 39th

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Me bad, i got it now. you guys here have that right. I guess i did not quite understand that.
    although i meant well, i quess i really do not understand having that privledge and really understanding wanting to exercise it. being from N.Y i am stiffled into that way of thinking of thinking. The only times i had the right was in my armed guard/courier jobs.

Thanks for being easy on me on this one, and i will keep this mindset in check. Like i said before i did not mean to insult in any way, but i see how it is hard not to sound like i am.

I appologize to all and especially to the man who started this thread, as he was forthcoming in sharing his expierence in this matter. looking at it now i meant to say to be careful , but i came across as judgemental.

I really got to get out of N.Y one of these days, and get a life i do love PA. It reminds me of how Long Island was like 40 years ago.

Hopefully all is forgiven, and i do care about all our safety, in this way of life we all love.
    Take care,Jack
    It's no worries. We have just had issues in the past where people have posted about how "Open carry is dumb" and then flood the OC threads with it. Rather see you become a contributing long term member.

You should come on down to where the free air is, and enjoy OCing sometime. It is liberating.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Negative encounter with PPD this afternoon - schooled a Sgt. from the 39th

jrm, welcome to the forums. Hope you find some good information here.

I have, since this incident, stopped wearing earphones while carrying. That was a mistake I only ever will make once.
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It's no worries. We have just had issues in the past where people have posted about how "Open carry is dumb" and then flood the OC threads with it. Rather see you become a contributing long term member.

You should come on down to where the free air is, and enjoy OCing sometime. It is liberating.
    I hear you Connal, hey i am a big boy, in being one sometimes you have to admit when your wrong. My sister last year bought a cabin in Lords Valley, Me and the wife try to visit when we can, we are lucky to get a weekend to do so. With our jobs and all, anyway we definetly like what we see and want to get a place as soon as we can get the bills off our back.

I want to take a day off during the week to meet with the sherriffs office in Pike county and try to get my out of state permit. i ran across some info on
    center county with and an application on line.

Cant seem to do it that way for Pike though. I seen a shooting range in i think it was in Hawley, off the road. Seemed like a nice little place to let some lead fly. Talked to a few people there, very nice look like they were enjoying them selves.

Me and the Mrs are not sure where we want to own, we have to do our homework of course, but hoefully it will be sooner than later. All good looking foward to it.

Your right though, when i am in your neck of the woods it sure feels liberating in deed.

take care and thanks, Jack

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    jrm, welcome to the forums. Hope you find some good information here.

I have, since this incident, stopped wearing earphones while carrying. That was a mistake I only ever will make once.
    Thank you Viper, i really did mean well. I had a few close calls working in the city when doing the armed courrier work. One of the problems we have in NYC that Bloomberg seems to ignore is the fact that although no one is going to have a carry permit, everyone seems to carry.

So given that fact he puts the honest working citizen at risk by wanting to take away our 2nd amendment rights. We have a good police force and i am Glad that he is giving these guys and gals a better paycheck nowadays, but they canot be everywhere of course, no one can.

Any way with out getting side tracked, thanks for letting me feel welcome and looking foward to chit chatting with you guys in the future.

go easy, jack

(Philadelphia County)

You did well ! When you know the law and your rights it pays off. I live in Philly and I agree, it does Suck ! Philly is a suck-ass city when it comes to gun rights.
    I believe a lot has to do in part with a lot of cops getting shot and killed here in this shit-hole ! I don't know if I would have done what you did only because it's upon deaf ears and won't make a difference unless the State of PA makes a law that folks who open carry legally in Philly can't be harrassed ! It is a bit touchy here because of all the cop shootings but at most they should just ask to see your permit. To harrass folks for no reason other than a gun peeking out is unjust ! If there wasn't so much crime here in Philthy it might be different ?

Open carry is cool if you live somewhere where everyone can do it, and show off a nice holster and gun combo, as well as enjoying others holster/gun setups.
    It would be a nice conversation piece while waiting in line at dunkin donuts .
    Last edited by PhillyGunslinger; February 10th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    That was great. I thought you handled the whole thing real well, especially when you pulled out the recorder and informed the LEO you were recording. You got more balls than me, I would CC. I admire you OC folks, willing to put up with the bull crap you know will come your way with an LEO.
    Nice job handling a situation that could have gotten ugly!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    I live in Philly and I agree, it does Suck ! Philly is a suck-ass city when it comes to gun rights.
    Compared to what, though? Some small town in Bucks County? Sure.

Compared to ANY major city in the US urban Northeast -- Philly is a RKBA paradise. Despite the disgusting corruption and depredations of the PPD, nevertheless Philly is a major city which is Shall Issue, where you can have any gun, any magazine, plus a LTCF. Can you say the same for NYC, DC, Baltimore, Newark NJ, Boston?

PPD gun policy sucks, true, but let's keep a sense of scale.

(Delaware County)

Pssst...new thread coming.
    Junior

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Compared to what, though? Some small town in Bucks County? Sure.

Compared to ANY major city in the US urban Northeast -- Philly is a RKBA paradise. Despite the disgusting corruption and depredations of the PPD, nevertheless Philly is a major city which is Shall Issue, where you can have any gun, any magazine, plus a LTCF. Can you say the same for NYC, DC, Baltimore, Newark NJ, Boston?

PPD gun policy sucks, true, but let's keep a sense of scale.
    Careful though, if we get complacent about Philly's anti-gun attitude it will start looking a lot like those other cities you mentioned.

I can only imagine what having a gun pointed at your chest, being forced to your knees, cuffed, and told to shut the f* up during the whole encounter will warrant in punitive damages. Much less having a squad serve you at your workplace instead of your home. Clearly, when you get served at work it is malicious and will indeed affect your career with that company. I don't think my work would let me hang around after a warrant was issued by 5 officers for a firearm related incident. Good luck Mark, whether you were baiting them or not to prove a point, is irrelavent. It is the law and the PPD should have issued a formal apology to save face and sent the PPD to a training or rehash of policy. What happened to you could be called a dry-run, audit, or training for the PPD, they should have procedures in place for engagements with legal open-carry holders. It's not as if you were running into a bank with a sawed off shotgun. Hopefully you get some major bank out of them and have a good lawyer, maybe from the NRA? If it was me I would be looking to bleed them out.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637