Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Negative encounter with PPD this afternoon - schooled a Sgt. from the 39th

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I was originally going to press charges, but it's be a waste of money and time - after all was said and done, it cost me about fifteen minutes, and after they left with their heads sunken low, I still had all of my property, and more importantly, my freedom.
    Yeah, it cost you about 15 minutes. It also cost you numerous infringements upon your rights, which you don't seem to be bothered by. They left with their heads sunken low??? Are you freaking kidding me? They did and got exactly what they wanted. I don't think you should be open carrying.

That's a funny definition of freedom you have. And your signature is dripping with irony.
    Last edited by ThomasJ; July 31st, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

Default Re: Negative encounter with PPD this afternoon - schooled a Sgt. from the 39th

"I was originally going to press charges, but it's be a waste of money and time -"
    Too bad...that's the reason they continue to act that way....to them there is no down side.... they probably laughed themselves silly for having busted your balls.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I was originally going to press charges, but it's be a waste of money and time - after all was said and done, it cost me about fifteen minutes, and after they left with their heads sunken low, I still had all of my property, and more importantly, my freedom.
    So being stopped is going to cost you 15 minutes but filing a private criminal complaint won't cost you only that? You have real verifiable evidence for probable cause of Official Oppression and whatever other crimes they might have committed and for which they'd have no immunity, and you can't be bothered to file a piece of paper even if you're going to do absolutely nothing to follow up on it?

How about we recognize the cost to both you and every person who follows you who is subject to PPD officers who continue to think, bolstered by even 'some guy who knows his rights' who did not set them straight, that RAS isn't required for a stop, or that RAS of both armed and dangerous isn't required for a patdown or a Terry seizure, etc. Then multiply that for every person who is subject to this and does nothing to follow up...

and that's how we get today's culture.

If you aren't going to do shit-else about it, just write up your complaint, file it with the judge/DA per law, send it to the media. You may consider including your recording. Even if nothing happens with your particular incident, it's laying a foundation that will be putting people on notice. 0% chance of success by doing nothing, 1% chance if you do something, and someone wins every lottery that comes around.

(Butler County)

So they went from being bored watching row boats go by to busting your chops and walking all over your rights for fun. The way you handled the event was great but you need to follow up with some type of action if even only a formal complaint.

I was going to give you props for this but whats the point of having a recorder if you're not going to use it to follow up with charges. you might as well cc and leave the recorder at home. you're going to ruin it for everyone by letting the cops think this is ok. They didn't go anywhere with their heads sunken, they did what they wanted to you and you think you won...guess what we all lost in this interaction. The amount of trouble that finds you while you oc is astounding

That was great. I thought you habdled the whole thing real well, especially when you pulled out the recorder and informed the LEO you were recording. You got more balls than me, I would CC. I admire you OC folks, willing to put up with the bullcrap you know will come your way with an LEO.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Yeah, it cost you about 15 minutes. It also cost you numerous infringements upon your rights, which you don't seem to be bothered by. They left with their heads sunken low??? Are you freaking kidding me? They did and got exactly what they wanted. I don't think you should be open carrying.

That's a funny definition of freedom you have. And your signature is dripping with irony.
    And I think you sound really sanctimonious.

I didn't say I wasn't going to file a complaint - get your panties out of a bunch. I'm working on finding the right people to contact so I can get the process started towards an official complaint. I've never done this before, you know. Besides, I need to talk to some people about wording, etc, etc. I'm not dropping this because I wasn't arrested, I just said I wasn't pressing charges. I simply don't have the cash to pony up for a lawyer, and the return on this kind of lawsuit isn't such that I'd be able to work with a lawyer without a retainer.

Way to make assumptions, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    So being stopped is going to cost you 15 minutes but filing a private criminal complaint won't cost you only that? You have real verifiable evidence for probable cause of Official Oppression and whatever other crimes they might have committed and for which they'd have no immunity, and you can't be bothered to file a piece of paper even if you're going to do absolutely nothing to follow up on it?

How about we recognize the cost to both you and every person who follows you who is subject to PPD officers who continue to think, bolstered by even 'some guy who knows his rights' who did not set them straight, that RAS isn't required for a stop, or that RAS of both armed and dangerous isn't required for a patdown or a Terry seizure, etc. Then multiply that for every person who is subject to this and does nothing to follow up...

and that's how we get today's culture.

If you aren't going to do shit-else about it, just write up your complaint, file it with the judge/DA per law, send it to the media. You may consider including your recording. Even if nothing happens with your particular incident, it's laying a foundation that will be putting people on notice. 0% chance of success by doing nothing, 1% chance if you do something, and someone wins every lottery that comes around.
    As above.

I apologize for not outright saying that I am filing a complaint and making that clear. Don't worry, I'll update when I have something filed.

Jeez, you people and your soapboxes, shit.

If you want to be helpful and support the cause, I'd appreciate a little insight into how the process works for filing a complaint against a specific PPD LEO.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; July 31st, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Junior

(Berks County)

I take it the audio turned out okay? Any chance it'll appear online at some point (as long as it doesn't jeopardize anything in progress)?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I take it the audio turned out okay? Any chance it'll appear online at some point?
    I pulled it off the recorder and onto the PC, but it was kindof static-y, so I am going to try to recapture it and upload it somewhere.
    Junior

(Northampton County)

Unfortunately, lawyers cost a lot of money. I understand not wanting to sue them because it would be a long and grueling process.

There are quite a few people on here who have filed complaints to PDs before; they will chime in soon enough. I would be sure to include a copy of the relevant sections of the UFA and highlight the parts about carrying in Philadelphia. Also drill the point home that the LTCF and the actual law says nothing about having to conceal.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast