Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well i got

Smile well i got

So i got an lcp last night, $340 out the door. Not bad i thought, not great but not bad. Probably coulda found one a little cheaper via internet or something but whatever. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet so , we'll see. Maybe shimersville this weekend. Kinda lame how you need a screwdriver or similar tool to disassemble it and, you have to push in the mag release to insert new mag, thought thats pretty beat. And it only came with one mag, man, they sure know ho to get ya but for $300 bucks whata ya expect i guess right. I know everything has its shortcomings and three minor ones isn't bad, just bitchin. I basically wanted something real small for I dont feel like taking the P30 out(gas station quick) or whatever and it serves that purpose well. Ive heard kinda mixed reviews so hopefully i got a good one. Overall I'm pleased so far, just gotta shoot it now. Anyone with experiences please share and if anyone knows where to get spare mags let me know. Thanks ,sorry if this was long, just wanted to share
    and to the dust you shall return

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: well i got

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    So i got an lcp last night, $340 out the door. Not bad i thought, not great but not bad. Probably coulda found one a little cheaper via internet or something but whatever. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet so , we'll see. Maybe shimersville this weekend. Kinda lame how you need a screwdriver or similar tool to disassemble it and, you have to push in the mag release to insert new mag, thought thats pretty beat. And it only came with one mag, man, they sure know ho to get ya but for $300 bucks whata ya expect i guess right. I know everything has its shortcomings and three minor ones isn't bad, just bitchin. I basically wanted something real small for I dont feel like taking the P30 out(gas station quick) or whatever and it serves that purpose well. Ive heard kinda mixed reviews so hopefully i got a good one. Overall I'm pleased so far, just gotta shoot it now. Anyone with experiences please share and if anyone knows where to get spare mags let me know. Thanks ,sorry if this was long, just wanted to share
    Yeah, didn't like having to pry out the pin to breakdown either - lol. I don't have to push mag release to insert mag though ?? I did get an extra mag - but I think I got it at a gun show or something. Got one of the wallet style holsters on ebay, like it for back pocket carry. Have had no issues with mi lcp yet - trigger takes some getting use to. Just bought a bodyguard 380 and although I like the feel of the S&W better, on day 3 I have to send it back to get laser switch fixed !!!! Congrats on the new purchase !

Did you get the black LCP? You got a decent deal I'd say, Cabelas wanted $360 if I remember right for the black version. After I saw the Green LCP I decided on that, just have to get ahold of one.(If I can)
    Last edited by dkf; July 29th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.

(Butler County)

Don't have to push mag release to put new mag in with mine. Maybe your's is alittle tight.

Yes, I did get the black version, didnt even know they offered green, huh. Yeah i dont know bout the mag thing , just tried to insert it again, same thing, wont go in unless mag release pushed in like your dropping a mag. Anyone else experience this? Not a real biggie, kinda a pain though. How bout any way to tell manufacture date?
    and to the dust you shall return

(Berks County)

Other than a long trigger pull it's a dependable pocket gun. You can buy spare mags right at the Eagle Arms show in Allentown in the front room where a dealer has a good selection of them for around $20. Add a Crimson Trace for around $160 (same dealer by the way). Price should be under $300 for the LCP now that the buying craze is slowing down for this gun. I saw one the other day for $289.00. Add a Pierce extension for $10. I've had mine since March 2009 (post recall gun). Best!
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Cumberland County)

Methinks you got hosed on the deal... Just sayin. Bass Pro Shop of all places has them for $300 even. I'd call the place you got it from and ask what gives... Or not, I just like to rock the boat.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(York County)

Trop gun shop in Mount Joy has on the front sign "LCP $260". I would be all over that but I have to support my local shops, they have been good to me.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Philadelphia County)

I like these. Girlfriend wants one of the raspberry ones for CC when she gets her license. Way too small for my hand though. I'll stick with my LCR.

LCPs are good mouse guns. The price you paid isn't the best, but it's not terrible, either.

Definitely call Ruger about your mag release problem. I'd guess the magazine catch wasn't machined down enough, or some similar problem?

They are not "fun" to shoot, but a lot of things sure happen when you pull that trigger. Dry fire it a ton to get good with the trigger and you should be able to pull off decent groups at 15 yards. A Crimson Trace or similar laser system will help a lot, as the sights are nigh impossible to see in anything but bright sunlight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast