Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default OC'd to an "accident"

Wife called me at 12:30 - said she just was behind a guy that swerved from the grass median to the other shoulder and crashed on I-81 N at mile marker 83.

She said she called 911 and got out of her Escape to check on the driver (She is an RN at Harrisburg). She said the guy was acting all strange and almost wandered into traffic. He said he needed to get his car out of the ditch, since he didn't have insurance. She said she's seen the eyes he was showing from patients that aren't all there.

Naturally, I'm sitting here thinking GREAT. Nutjob, just crashed his car, no insurance, SHE calls the cops, he knows it, and it's 12:30, pitch black along the highway, and of course she's a female. No way of knowing if he's on drugs or drunk. People don't look weird and crash for no reason usually if they are normal though.

So I jump in my Tacoma and high-tail it from Jonestown (also the PSP barracks town) Without knowing if the PSP will be on scene when I get there, I of course load up a mag in my Kimber Covert II, and strap on the holster. I'm not chancing this guy being high, coming out of the woods area and trying to attack either of us.

The whole drive there, I am on the phone with her. She asks me if I am carrying, I said ABSOLUTELY. SHe told me not to show up there with a gun on my hip. She's all concerned the cops would arrest me (i don't know why!) I told her that I am not chancing me getting there before them, and not being armed.

Well, the cops beat me there by 20 seconds. I got out and walked back to her in her Escape (told her get away slightly, stay in and lock the doors). I saw the car in the woods, and of course, the poor officers didn't seem to be looking in the right area. So, I walk back, Kimber on the hip, and tell them that the vehicle is about 200 yards behind them, in the woods.

The young officer asks who I am (I reply her husband) makes a shift, looks steadily at my hip, and asks if I have a permit. I replied yes sir I do, and promptly retrieved it from my wallet.

All was good, and we both walked back to the cruiser , I informed him as to what my wife said to me as far as what happened. He mentioned for her to hang around for a minute just in case they needed any information from her. I said I would stay with her, and that was that. The cruiser backs up, and a minute later, they call her cell phone and alert her that we may leave, they do not need any information from her.

I was nervous though, but at least I have broken the PSP OC cherry, and lived to tell the tale!

Default Re: OC'd to an "accident"

God help you. You OCed, didn't go sterile, and then let the forces of oppression browbeat you into revealing that you had a LTCF and then displayed same. The OC mafia will be here shortly to pull your man card.

Seriously, would it have killed you not to have been slightly more prudent, if less tacticool, and CCed instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    looks steadily at my hip, and asks if I have a permit. I replied yes sir I do, and promptly retrieved it from my wallet.
    popcorn time! i guess ill go ahead and ask, why show him?

(Adams County)

The young officer asks who I am (I reply her husband) makes a shift, looks steadily at my hip, and asks if I have a permit. I replied yes sir I do, and promptly retrieved it from my wallet.:
    Good job with everything. Bad job on PSP for saying "permit". Come on. Seriously? They don't know it's called a LICENSE to carry?... Maybe they should check the M-POETIC.

Good job again. All around. Smart decision to show up carrying.
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Clinton County)

I said enough in the other thread...good job, man.

As far as the police go...[/facepalm]

(Clinton County)

Glad everything turned out well or your you and your wife. You did well.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    Because he got out of a motor vehicle.

(Delaware County)

looks steadily at my hip, and asks if I have a permit. I replied yes sir I do, and promptly retrieved it from my wallet.
    Talk about an O.C. accident. Haha, I have an 8 page thread to show you.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

DethWshBkr... So, what happened to the high/drunk/crazy...(whatever) guy after your wife's first interaction with him????

Did he go back to his vehicle or was he wandering around aimlessly when you and PSP arrived?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Because he got out of a motor vehicle.

Did the Trooper also ask him for his drivers license?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast