I just returned from a trip to the Cumberland County Courthouse with a family member. I searched the forum yesterday and this morning and did not find any positive or negative stories, but was still apprehensive about the up coming encounter.

I was CC'ing and walked into the building at the Main entrance holding my LTCF and approached the Deputy working the xray machine. I indicated that I needed to check a firearm and then handed him my LTCF.

After looking at my License and checking the issue and expiration dates he pulled out a form and asked me what I had. He filled out the form only to include what locker # the firearm was going in, the brand and model number only. He then instructed me to step over to the locker and secure the firearm and take the key with me. I asked for a copy of the form and he told me I didn't need it. The encounter was positive however you could tell by his body language that he was less than thrilled to be checking in my firearm. His look was one of "Why do you need to carry a firearm and why are you bringing it to my court facility?".

He also made mention to an incident they had recently at the Court House with someone with a firearm and the lockers and that they "the Deputies" should really be keeping the keys. Anyone know what they are talking about?

When my visit was over I returned again to the Xray machine and stated I'm picking up my firearm. And guess what........

The deputy on Duty at that time asked me "Do you have the form?" and of course I replied that I wasn't given a copy.

They have an 8 compartment Firearm locker. What happens in an odd event when a 9th person wants to check a firearm?