Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Arsenal

(Bucks County)

Default Arsenal

Hello, I am looking into buying my first rifle and the AK47 type rifle seems to be the most value for my recreational and defensive purposes. I am looking into the Arsenal SGL21-76 and the Arsenal SGL21-71. I do like the railed version a lot more but would it be cheaper just to buy the rail after? Whats the price for these rifles, I tried emailing a few gun stores and only 1 got back to me and I heard from some people that their prices are saturated. Thanks. - Ryan

(Berks County)

Default Re: Arsenal

Check some of the online sellers and have it shipped if you can't find a good price locally. Google is your friend.

(Montgomery County)

Ryan,

Surplus City typically has good deals on AK style rifles. They are located in Feasterville. You might also check Tanners near by you. If you want a specific model, you can buy it over the net and have it shipped to Dave Donely at Donely's Gun Shop in Quakertown. He has low prices on transfers.

Also, with respect to the rail, you might be better off buying a Yugo and adding a Kobra style sight. If you are looking for precision, consider scraping the AK and going the AR route. A good AK will typically give you 2 MOA. While they are 'uber" reliable they do suffer with respect to accuracy.

Now before all you sub MOA AK owners pipe in, I'm speaking in generalities......
    Last edited by Lastdefender; August 1st, 2010 at 10:42 AM.

(Bucks County)

Being in Jamison you would be crazy not to go to Tanners. People drive over an hour just to get there. They have great deals and all the employees there are super friendly and helpful. If they don't have what you are looking for, they can probably order it for you. BTW I grew up in Jamison, lived there for 20 years. Welcome to the site!

(Montgomery County)

Why NATO length stock?

I'd check out K-VAR on line - they carry them.

They run about $800 for the railed version and $700 non railed from them - so you'd need to add shipping and ffl transfer to those numbers. That should add about another $50 to the cost. So, compare that when buying from a local shop.

I have an sgl21-66, it has the Warsaw Pact length buttstock (I like the shorter stock) and rails. I love it. It's been a good little shooter for the last year that I've owned it.

(Bucks County)

If you have one shipped you can find an FFL holder on Gunbroker. I bought a handgun online and had it shipped to a guy right around the corner from me. I live in Warminster.