Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Hoagies for guns

From http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p..._for_guns.html:

Monday, July 26, 2010

Hoagies for guns

Four days before Ricci Pagliarella opened his hoagie shop in Point Breeze, the second in his family business, the corner property was tied in yellow police tape. As the Crabhouse bar across the street let out that June 3, someone rained bullets on 22-year-old Joseph Addison-Bryant, killing him and taking his life.

A pile of stuffed animals now sits on the corner, with messages of RIP Crack - part memorial, part reminder. And bullet holes still riddle a few row homes, and the side of Pagliarella's business.

In a small anti-violence effort, Pagliarella is offering hoagies for guns.

"I figure I'm new to the neighborhood," said the 53-year-old father of five, standing behind the counter, amid the sharp smell of onions and peppers. "Let me show I'm trying to save some people's lives."

In partnership with the police, the gun buy back program runs this Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Those who turn in a firearm at the shop, located on the 1200 block of South 21st Street, will get two free hoagies, a bag of chips and a soda - while supplies last.

While waiting for a turkey and cheese, one paying customer, lamented to Pagliarella, rolling her eyes, "If you get them to turn over guns in this area, you're lucky."

Posted by Kia Gregory @ 3:39 PM
    I'll beat their offer - for any guns you wish to dispose of, I'll buy you 3 cheesesteaks at Steve's Prince of Steaks, wit or witout.
    Last edited by kcr121; July 26th, 2010 at 04:43 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hoagies for guns

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    As the Crabhouse bar across the street let out that June 3, someone rained bullets on 22-year-old Joseph Addison-Bryant, killing him and taking his life.
    Wow! Both? That seems a bit harsh. Killing him is one thing... but taking his life?

[By the way: I am NOT making light of a tragedy... merely lamenting what passes for journalism in this age.]

Default Re: Hoagies for guns