Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Looking for an apartment outside State College

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    good to see you found a place... there are a few that i saw in state but didnt bother saying anything cuz you said you wanted something outside of the area... let us know when your in the area and we can hit scotia or something sometime... how old are you by the way?
    Yeah, I was looking for something out away a bit originally.

I spent all day Thursday driving all over the area, checking out a bunch of places I found available with prices between $550 and $400 mostly. And unfortunately, all but two ended up being kind of a dump. One that was alright was in Philipsburg, but I decided after going there that I didn't want to make that drive every day. Another was in Bellefonte, but it was taken by someone who looked at it literally a minute before I did. I actually did also look at sort of a rental cabin about 14 miles away on the way to Petersburg. That might have been alright, but I decided against it in the end.

So I ended up jacking up my price range in the hopes of finding someplace a little nicer. I was looking at everything from $750 to $500. I was also starting to feel pressed for time, given classes start two weeks from today, and I also didn't want to be making a bunch of trips out to State College just to check apartments. Coming from Butler County, those are kind of expensive trips in the Tacoma.

This place was pretty nice, and the price wasn't bad at $580. It was a hard decision between that and Port Matilda, because actually the place in Port Matilda was nicer, but not having to dedicate much gas money just to driving to campus was appealing to me.

I passed some signs for the Scotia Range on the way to Port Matilda (I came in from the south on my way from Pine Grove Mills). I was thinking about checking it out, but I didn't get the chance. It looks a lot bigger and nicer than any game land range I've ever seen.

I'm 27. I'm not going to bring too many toys with me at first, at least until I get a way to secure them in my apartment. But yeah, a shoot sounds great.

(Lehigh County)

keep your eyes open for the group shoots at scotia... you dont need to bring any toys... they are all there as long as you have respect for them and the others saftey... i unfortunatly missed the last group shoot that was out here due to personal reasons... so whats your major out here?? if your ever on campus and see a big guy in a small white orkin truck wave cuz its me... i spend 9 to 10 hours a day on campus..

Tag for easy locating. I suspect I will be in a similar situation in the fall of next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123