Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Looking For Ranges in Delco

I wish I could make it Sunday, but I'm not able to this week. Looks like I'll have to try and make it another time.

(Delaware County)

Today I went to Delco field and stream for the first time. Did a orientation at 12:30, it took two hours. Nice place to have fun, but they do have many rules to keep everyone safe. Two rounds max in shotgun, five in handgun. Rapid fire is ok but not welcomed. Three ranges to shoot traps. Air pistol/rifle. Hi power range. 22 range. Pistol range and archery… did I miss anything? BTW open carry is not aloud, but if you have permit to carry you have to conceal you handgun. No weapons in club house. Some members will try to tell you that you can’t carry concealed but I asked in club house and they did have heated discussion affront of me but some elderly with rank came out and said that yes you can.

Before members yearly fee was paid for full physical year, no matter when you join. Even if you had joined mid year you had to pay for full year. But now they doing new prorated members fee. For example in July 1 fee is cut in half but the catch is that you have to pay for next year too. Plus $50 initiation fee. So, $50 plus $62.5 for second half of the year and 125 for next year. Equals to $237.5 to join from July 1 till July 31. In august it's prorates $10 and next month so on.

I will go there next Sunday to pay that fee and probably shot some pistol and traps. If any delco members what to meet up at the range, let me know.

(Delaware County)

Ill be there sunday pistol and .22 range.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Egres View Post
    Today I went to Delco field and stream for the first time. Did a orientation at 12:30, it took two hours. Nice place to have fun, but they do have many rules to keep everyone safe. Two rounds max in shotgun, five in handgun. Rapid fire is ok but not welcomed. Three ranges to shoot traps. Air pistol/rifle. Hi power range. 22 range. Pistol range and archery… did I miss anything? BTW open carry is not aloud, but if you have permit to carry you have to conceal you handgun. No weapons in club house. Some members will try to tell you that you can’t carry concealed but I asked in club house and they did have heated discussion affront of me but some elderly with rank came out and said that yes you can.

Before members yearly fee was paid for full physical year, no matter when you join. Even if you had joined mid year you had to pay for full year. But now they doing new prorated members fee. For example in July 1 fee is cut in half but the catch is that you have to pay for next year too. Plus $50 initiation fee. So, $50 plus $62.5 for second half of the year and 125 for next year. Equals to $237.5 to join from July 1 till July 31. In august it's prorates $10 and next month so on.

I will go there next Sunday to pay that fee and probably shot some pistol and traps. If any delco members what to meet up at the range, let me know.
    My wife and I pulled up on my motorcycle while orientation was at the table trap range, did you see us? We are range officers at the table trap, introduce yourself next time you're there.

(Delaware County)

I love this club. It has been the best of times Soberbyker and I have had in a very long time. Despite our looks, everyone has welcomed us at every range we went to. The club also does alot for the youth including the scouts. They also have a ladies day coming up and picnics. Every weekend I look forward to going to the club, even if it is to just have a meal in the clubhouse and talk to people. Oh, and btw, the food is great in the clubhouse.

We go almost every Saturday and Sunday. So look for us on Table Trap, and we can show you around, or answer any lingering questions.

So they restrict you to having 2 rounds in a shotgun and 5 rounds in a pistol at a time? Just making sure I understand you correctly---that makes absolutely no sense to me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasAequitas View Post
    So they restrict you to having 2 rounds in a shotgun and 5 rounds in a pistol at a time? Just making sure I understand you correctly---that makes absolutely no sense to me.
    This has been hashed out many times, do a forum search, OR come to a business meeting and ask why, all you'll get here is speculation.

That said, yes, they are the rules.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieBmine View Post
    I love this club. It has been the best of times Soberbyker and I have had in a very long time. Despite our looks, everyone has welcomed us at every range we went to. The club also does alot for the youth including the scouts. They also have a ladies day coming up and picnics. Every weekend I look forward to going to the club, even if it is to just have a meal in the clubhouse and talk to people. Oh, and btw, the food is great in the clubhouse.

We go almost every Saturday and Sunday. So look for us on Table Trap, and we can show you around, or answer any lingering questions.

What is wrong with your looks. If I was at a gun club I would tend to start a conversation with people who look like the two of you first.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Met biker a couple weeks ago, good guy. Only effect his looks had on my was I came home and called my tattoo guy, I need more ink.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Delaware County)

SOBERBYKER: I saw I guy with girl pull up on the bike and thought to myself: its got to be soberbyker, I will try to introduce myself when orientation is done. But you were gone by 2:30. I will be there Sunday, so I probably see you.

VeritasAequitas: biker already answered ur question but yes 2 shells in shotgun and 5 rounds in pistol and rifle.

QUESTION: Is there a range in delco or surrounding area that has 200 yard or longer firing lane?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast