Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Noveske 10.5" CQB SBR

Does anyone know if I buy a complete Noveske N4 new (through a licensed dealer, of course) that is sold as an SBR will I need to have it engraved or will they do it, again this is for a complete firearm. I have not called them to ask yet just wondered if anyone knew off hand how it works.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

Default Re: Noveske 10.5" CQB SBR

If you arent making it and putting it on a F1 I dont believe any of your info needs to be engraved on it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
    Does anyone know if I buy a complete Noveske N4 new (through a licensed dealer, of course) that is sold as an SBR will I need to have it engraved or will they do it, again this is for a complete firearm. I have not called them to ask yet just wondered if anyone knew off hand how it works.
    Since you are not the maker, you will not engrave anything. Noveske is the maker and their info will be on the gun when you buy it.

(Northumberland County)

Thank you very much gentlemen, this may be my first foray into the collection of tax stamps.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Montgomery County)

Thank you very much gentlemen, this may be my first foray into the collection of tax stamps.

Well, you're off to a good start with the Noveske. Good luck.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Well, you're off to a good start with the Noveske. Good luck.
    I hope so, this could lead to a bad, bad thing for my bank account. No know issues with Noveske in your opinion?

(Montgomery County)

I hope so, this could lead to a bad, bad thing for my bank account. No know issues with Noveske in your opinion?
    I don't own one but they are one of the top tier manufacturers.

Last I heard, they don't high pressure test their bolts and they use the blue o-ring for the extractor. If that matters to you.

My only "real" concern would be the 10.5" barrel. Most suppressor manufactures prefer / recommend an 11.5". You know that a suppressor will be in your future - it's always the next step.

Oh, and nfa doesn't get expensive until you get into full auto. SBR's and cans are just an inconvenience of $200 and a 4 month wait.

(Northumberland County)

A suppressor is in my future but for a different system, if you cut down a 5.56 to 10.5" in my opinion you are not concerned about noise levels, now a suppressed .45 or .22 well, that's a different story. Like I said only the start. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

There are a few companies that make cans for 10.5" systems so I wouldnt let that sway my decision personally.

One of mine is a 10.5" RRA, prob one of my fav shooters

(Northampton County)

What Guns4Fun said.

I never (knowingly) shot one either, but they have a great reputation.

10.5" - Most suppressor manufacturers recommend against this. Most ammo will not fragment out of this barrel length if you have to use it to defend your life. Full 5.56 Hornady TAP may or may not for a few yards. If you fire this barrel length in self defense, it is quite possible you could suffer permanent hearing damage.

11.5" - OK for suppressors by most manufacturers. I fire one suppressed in full auto. Most 5.56 ammo will fragment to at least a short distance if you have to use it to defend your life, but results are variable. If you fire this barrel length in self defense, it is possible you could suffer permanent hearing damage.

14.5" - In an emergency might not permanently damage your hearing. Obviously, bullet terminal effects may increase at close range over shorter barrels and those effects may extend to slightly longer ranges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast