Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default If You Had to Choose Between These Two CZ-2075 RAMI Pistols

It's primary purpose will be as CCW.

One is used, but immaculate, with fixed tritium sights and decocking lever. Includes 2 standard mags and 1 extended mag. $525

The other is new, with standard adjustable rear sights and safety, rather than decocking lever. Includes 2 standard mags. $589

I really like the shop, but I think the prices are a bit high. They're certainly entitled to ask whatever they want/need to get for them, but I'd think approx $479 and $549 (respectively) would be easier to take. Anyway, back to the point: Which would you prefer/suggest carrying?
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Monroe County)

Default Re: If You Had to Choose Between These Two CZ-2075 RAMI Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    It's primary purpose will be as CCW.

One is used, but immaculate, with fixed tritium sights and decocking lever. Includes 2 standard mags and 1 extended mag. $525

The other is new, with standard adjustable rear sights and safety, rather than decocking lever. Includes 2 standard mags. $589

I really like the shop, but I think the prices are a bit high. They're certainly entitled to ask whatever they want/need to get for them, but I'd think approx $479 and $549 (respectively) would be easier to take. Anyway, back to the point: Which would you prefer/suggest carrying?
    What caliber are we talking about ? The Caliber is extremely important in a RAMI.
    Yes $549 is a bit high , yet again they are are going for $550 n ew from CZ , so i guess its not a bad price.

Post back about the caliber.

Nyman

I would go for the decocker with the night sights. If that was available when I bought my RAMI, that's what I would have gotten.

That's just my opinion. But I don't think you can go wrong either way, I love mine. And so do the 3 people who have bought a RAMI after shooting mine.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    What caliber are we talking about ? The Caliber is extremely important in a RAMI.
    Yes $549 is a bit high , yet again they are are going for $550 n ew from CZ , so i guess its not a bad price.

Post back about the caliber.

Nyman
    Both the new and used are 9mm. And, they're asking $589 for the new one.

Thanks!
    Mark
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jokusfocus View Post
    I would go for the decocker with the night sights. If that was available when I bought my RAMI, that's what I would have gotten.

That's just my opinion. But I don't think you can go wrong either way, I love mine. And so do the 3 people who have bought a RAMI after shooting mine.
    Thanks. I tend to agree, as I either buy, or later install, tritium sights on most every pistol. And, I also favor the decocker. Though in this instance, with it being primarily a carry gun, I wondered if the safety made more sense.

Mark

I say to go for the used one.

(Bucks County)

From personal experience, my adjustable-sight RAMI didn't maintain its adjustment on my hip for more than a few days. I traded off for the fixed-sight version and have been much happier.

YMMV

(Montgomery County)

Thanks all. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the used one. I prefer the decocker to the safety, and tritium sights are worth approx $60-90 or so (and good to have anyway).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    From personal experience, my adjustable-sight RAMI didn't maintain its adjustment on my hip for more than a few days. I traded off for the fixed-sight version and have been much happier.

YMMV
    Next time your sight move you dont have to get rid of your entire gun, just buy a tube of loctite.

Marks , the 9mm RAMI's are good , get the one you can afford.

Nymax

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Next time your sight move you dont have to get rid of your entire gun, just buy a tube of loctite.

Marks , the 9mm RAMI's are good , get the one you can afford.

Nymax
    Bold is mine. And I agree. Mine would drift so a little locktite and it has yet to move. Also put a little on the grip screws since they had a habit of backing out when at the range. I didn't want to play a game of where's waldo with a tiny screw in gravel...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast