Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Shots fired three doors away

I was getting new tires put on the truck and had been waiting for about an hour when a young man in a striped shirt wearing a name tag comes running in. (Name tag made me think that he worked there but shirt was not like the other employees, they seem to know him.)

There were shots fired three doors away at the security company.

His face was red and he was grabbing his head and pacing. He kept saying "Oh man, my brother works there. What should I do?" He wanted to go and make sure his brother was safe. The people in the garage wouldn't let him leave.

He said he heard that a disgruntled employee had just walked in and opened fire at the boss. Multiple calls were placed to 911. There was an EMT in the garage that met the police outside but he knew he couldn't do anything to help the injured man until it was clear.

One of the mechanics asked what to do if it started coming our way. He said he had his gun in his car and can retrieve it safely if they felt it was necessary. I mentioned that I also carry but was not in a big hurry to play hero but would use it if needed. They all looked at me with mouths hanging open. I guess I look like the last person they would think had a gun.

The manager said that they would lock everything down and ride it out. The employees started to lock down all the bay doors and make sure all the man doors were locked.

The EMT came back in and said the cops are setting up communications with the MWAG inside the building and were waiting for the SWAT team to arrive. The police were closing down Rt. 8 and not allowing and traffic through.

By this time there were 3 cop cars in the parking lot of the tire center and many more along the highway, a major road blocked off, the SWAT team on their way, a distraught man worried about his brother and another customer who said he wasn't feeling well and had just gotten out of hospital after having a major heart attack and open heart surgery.

After about 40 minutes the EMT went to see if it was safe for him to go check out the shooting victim and the the cops cursin' a blue streak. It turns out the the "shooting" was staged with the "gunman" using blanks. It was meant to be some kind of training exercise for the employees of the security firm.

Needles to say the cops were pissed. All that worry, confusion and tax dollars wasted. They were going to talk to the security firm owner and give him hell. I wouldn't be surprised if they file charged against him.

Unf***king believable.
    Last edited by Kimba; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Shots fired three doors away

what a douche!
    Glad you are OK and weren't in any real danger.

Use this experience to plan for the "real" thing just in case it happens. Think about what you could have or should have done differently - if anything.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Montgomery County)

Let's pull the fire alarm just to make sure it works in case we need it...."oh look, why are all those shining red trucks in our parking lot?"

(Philadelphia County)

I wonder how it would play out in court if somebody carrying their firearm would have taken out the "actor".

I would hope that no charges would be filed, and whoever staged the event would be found culpable..

then again, stranger things have happened.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Kimba

VERY glad you are safe and sound.

If this had been a real event....

This is one of these things that just happen in life and had you know trouble was in the area you would have had a long gun on you beside a side arm.

Problem is IF you had this power to know the future events you either wouldn't be there that day or you be counting your lottery number wining somewhere else with that fortune telling ability you be set for life.

This why you need to carry a firearm all the time because you never know when or where trouble is coming in any form on any given day.

I hope the so called "security" company get a expensive bill for pulling a stupid stunt like this without doing the PR warning anyone, along with paying related business for loss of profit during that time frame and restitution to the EMT & police for their little play acting cost everyone else.

(Lehigh County)

honestly... other than the fact that they should have let the police in on it i think that was awesome.... if everyone knew it was going to be a training excercise then they would have reacted ungenuinely... (if thats a word)... they people in the car place now know to lock down the building if something should happen.... again its all about being prepared...

my 2 cents...

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    I wonder how it would play out in court if somebody carrying their firearm would have taken out the "actor".

I would hope that no charges would be filed, and whoever staged the event would be found culpable..

then again, stranger things have happened.
    I thought about that also.

I also had to wonder if the man recovering from heart surgery had a relapse because of this, could charges be filed?

This was not training this was horseplay by a horses A!!. If his help had been on their toes there probably would have been causalities.
    We had a SGT try something like this on the flight line the only thing that saved his life was a green kid and a improperly seated mag.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Northampton County)

Try that shit at my place.

"Although the holes were rather small,
    They had to count them all"

(Venango County)

That is just the dumbest thing I have . . .One of the dumbest. . .

It was pretty fricken stupid on their part. They just stepped on an awful lot of toes for "training".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast