On March 31st of this year, my Step-father was at my home, took my LEGALLY registered firearm from my drawer, and committed suicide; I was at work at the time and found him when I got home.

The local Police were dispatched, as well as County Homocide. The 2 detectives took the gun for testing, without a receipt. A Coroner's report was issued and death certificate to me (within 2 days). On both, it was listed as a "self-inflicted" gunshot wound. I was told it could take 6-8 weeks; 3-4 months, and now, up to year to get it back. The gun is currently at the County Coroner's office which houses the County test facility. The gun is ready to be released back to County Homocide. Sit back and listen to what I have to do too get it back:

1--Go to the clerk of courts and fill out paperwork requesting "MY" firearm back.
2--Then a court order will be issued for me to appear in front of a Judge.
3--It will be up to his discretion as to whether I will get the firearm back.

I am a law abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner. I do not see why I have to incur costs and time to retrieve something that is rightfully mine and legally owned. I should point out, there is a real possibility I will never get it back. This case is closed and the evidence no longer needed, and the gun WAS NOT used in the commission of a crime.

I need help....I have gotten nothing but the runaround from the County.