Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Maybe We Can Help Each Other... Affordable Lawn Care / Handyman Services

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    The grass looks good. Thanks for cutting it today.

I can't remember if I told you, but mulching (mower setting) it would have been fine with me.
    You're welcome and thank YOU.
    I bagged the lower part near the house and mulched up on the hill. I buzzed off as much of the weedy stuff by the road as I could, and took care of the stuff growing between the bricks on the side. I can't help myself - I always end up doing extra stuff because it would make me nuts to leave it like that.
    I was going to use the trimmer to edge along the drive/walk as well, but I ran out of line. If you should need me to cut again in a week or two, I'll do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I wish for your sake you were closer. I have lots of dumping space for biodegradables
    That makes two of us. I'll figure something out.
    I don't have enough yard work at the moment for it to be a problem, but hopefully things will pick up, and by then I'll surely have a solution.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Maybe We Can Help Each Other... Affordable Lawn Care / Handyman Services

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I buzzed off as much of the weedy stuff by the road as I could, and took care of the stuff growing between the bricks on the side. I can't help myself - I always end up doing extra stuff because it would make me nuts to leave it like that.
    I noticed that - THANKS! We had been waiting to weed it until after the weed killer did it's job and we're going to take some of the sand from the pool area and put it in the cracks between the bricks.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

EM,

You can use the City's dropoffs. They appear to be free if you take it in a car or SUV. It may be worth looking into.

http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/pw/...rd_debris.html
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
    EM,

You can use the City's dropoffs. They appear to be free if you take it in a car or SUV. It may be worth looking into.

http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/pw/...rd_debris.html
    Only City residents may drop off yard debris at collection centers. Proof of residency is required.

I DO appreciate the effort though! Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

EM, I just saw the Pittsburgh in your profile and thought maybe you were a resident like me
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

Speaking of getting rid of debris...

Here's a job I did last week. The homeowner wanted all the weeds removed from the small hill at the side of the house as well as several stumps that remained after they had cut the shrubs out. There were about 7 stumps in this section and 5 elsewhere on the property.

Weeds pulled by hand and stumps dug out with a shovel.

Before:

After:

(Allegheny County)

Here's a few shots of a car I recently washed for a neighbor. She didn't want a complete detail now because she had some paint work done not long ago and it's too soon to wax the fresh paint, so she opted for the "Regular Wash" for $25, and asked me to "detail" just the trunk, so I did that as well for just a little bit more. If a full detail isn't needed - I'm not twisting anyone's arm to pay for things they don't want/need.

Here's the difference when I wash your car. You see those leaves?

Rather than hosing off the ones I could see and moving on, I opened the hood and...

Got trees? Holy crap, it's a miracle that the wipers even worked with all the debris that was in there. I used the shop vac and a toothbrush to clean it all out before giving it a quick wipe. Had I been doing a detail, I would have cleaned it up even more, but this was supposed to be a "wash'.

After:

The whole car had areas of "filth" caked onto the surface. I spent a little extra time scrubbing it, but again, not as much as if this were a detail.

Minor scuff marks on the door...

Gone!

Vacuum the floor and seats of loose debris... dashboard dusted and wiped clean as well as the door panels...

The car cleaned up pretty well for "just a wash"...

You can have your car “washed” for less, but will it be as clean as I will get it, and will they use the same care not to damage your paint as I will?

Wash and detailing prices with description of services performed available upon request.
    Last edited by Emptymag; July 30th, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

(Delaware County)

emptymag,

I wish you the best in your new adventures!

it's good to see some Americans doing jobs they normally wouldn't do, as a career, to help pay bills. my hats off to you.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Here are some photos of a repair job I did for someone a few weeks ago.
    These landscaping timbers frame in concrete pads which form steps along the side of the house and several of them were partially rotted, with one completely rotted away.

While a few of them were still solid, I replaced all of the visible timbers on the top section to give the repaired area a uniform look.

Materials purchased and brought to the site to cut, drill, and install...

With some effort, I was able to get the rebar out of the old timbers and ground to re-use. The job wasn't very difficult, but it was time consuming - old material had to be removed, dirt/debris needed cleared/leveled, measurements, measure again ( ), cuts to be made, and problems to work around - like the drill bit that snapped off inside the "last" piece I had cut. Fortunately, I plan for these things and had purchased extra timbers "just in case".

Before:

After:

(Beaver County)

nice job and hats off to you for wanting to work,now on the other hand watch out for people that want the new pa # on all of your bill heads.contractor i.d.# 50.00 bucks through the state and if you advertise it has to be on the outside of your truck.state law.

plus alot of people do not no about the states new lead law that you have to have now.just be careful in what kind of jobs you take on.if you what some more info pm.me and i'll try to answer anything you need to know.

big mike,martin and son's giant's of the industry.
    do you feel lucky punk,well do ya!

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast