Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default proud to live in pa

i was browsing and it seems like the rest of the world is like nj. i cant believe using a weapon to defend your life is illegal. it feels awesome to be able to get a permit within 20 minutes, compared to even new york on even being allowed to own a gun.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...arry-in-Europe

it pisses me off that you have to be a high ranking police officer, someone with alot of money or someone who works with money, high profile politician etc to even try and get a license. definitely unfair to someone who wants to protect themselves or family.
    Last edited by den9; July 21st, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: proud to live in pa

heres a guy from israel

Not Europe but the law here is:
    In case of knives-carrying them outside of your private property can get you arrested, in court you will have to prove you were carrying the knife for a good reason. In case of Swiss knives the police will have to prove that you had a criminal intent carrying it unless you were carrying it in a club, school, restaurant, etc...
    The blade of the knife must not be longer than 10cm and it must not be a fixed blade or have the ability to be turned into a fixed blade with a spring or any other mechanism.

Guns-must be at least 21 years old and a citizen for at least 3 years.
    Civil guard volunteer for 3 years can get a gun license if authorized by a police officer in the rank of brigadier general. Taxi driver, driver of explosive materials, shop owner (shop as in jewelery, gold, precious stones, etc...), anyone that resides or works close to dangerous zones (right now it's Gaza and Judah and Samaria), IDF officer (active or not) in the rank of captain and up can own a private handgun, hunters that have a license to hunt from the authorities can own two hunting rifles.

After you get the permit you can buy a gun, but you must leave it at the gun shop until you finish the training and go through an interview.

P.S. if you work for a security firm you get a handgun but it's not considered a private handgun.

(York County)

In some societies, more like a Bill of Miracles".

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

alot of other countries really hate us lol, i dont know why people hate guns so much. i know an acquaintance who was kidnapped and driven around all night in his own car while in the back seat at gun point while they used his credit cards, and he is 100 percent against carrying guns.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...readID=1335442

(Monroe County)

A user from Greece posted this, I find it very interesting and reaffirming that our founding fathers got it right:

"Some people say that we have a very bad temper and if we get guns we are going to shoot each other but the reality in Crete where ALL men carry guns(no permits) shows that when everybody knows the everybody is armed the tempers are getting controled and civilised. The Cretans have a huge ammount of guns in their armourys-many families have 80-100 weapons inside the houses and it is a part of Greece that the gunlaws are not respected because the Cretans were convinced before ww2 to deliver their guns to the govt and after the y fought Germans with knives and axes. So after WW2 they decided not to do this again "
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

heres for mexico, you arent even allowed to own anything bigger than a 38 special or .380, including 357 sig and mag

CCW licenses are issued but are hard to obtain for anyone not wealthy and without political connections. In the event that an application is denied, the denial may theoretically be appealed at a District Court, but this never occurs in practice. Prior to 2002, CCW licenses could be obtained authorizing military caliber pistols. However, these CCW licenses were all cancelled, and re-issued to authorize only up to .380 ACP caliber pistolas.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    A user from Greece posted this, I find it very interesting and reaffirming that our founding fathers got it right:

"Some people say that we have a very bad temper and if we get guns we are going to shoot each other but the reality in Crete where ALL men carry guns(no permits) shows that when everybody knows the everybody is armed the tempers are getting controled and civilised. The Cretans have a huge ammount of guns in their armourys-many families have 80-100 weapons inside the houses and it is a part of Greece that the gunlaws are not respected because the Cretans were convinced before ww2 to deliver their guns to the govt and after the y fought Germans with knives and axes. So after WW2 they decided not to do this again "
    i read this and dont quite understand

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    i read this and dont quite understand
    Think he's saying that the gov't confiscated all the guns, then WWII happened, and they ended up having to fight the invading Germans with hand weapons. So now, they just ignore gun laws so as not to be caught in that situation again.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I don't think they're aggressive, knuckledragging Cretans for wanting to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and the state, and I don't think we'd be Cretans for wanting to do so either. Why can't everyone see it that way?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    I don't think they're aggressive, knuckledragging Cretans for wanting to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and the state, and I don't think we'd be Cretans for wanting to do so either. Why can't everyone see it that way?
    What a play, what a play!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast