Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: New guy looking for some training/noob friendly range

Go to Pistol People. It is right outside of NE Philly in lower bucks county. It is on State Road.

Talk to the owner Steve. Check out there website: http://www.pistolpeople.com/site/a002_mainframes.htm

Steve will give you a VERY good half hour introduction to handguns, in particular the Glock, for no charge what so ever. He then will spend time with you on the range for free as well.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mkstan15 View Post
    UPDATE:

The range trip was a huge success. I don't think a first trip to the range could have gone any better. I was also very surprised by how much I liked his colt revolver. thanks again to Al for treating me to such a wonderful trip and I look forward to doing it again.
    Glad I could help. I'm pleasantly surprised that not only you took to the Colt, but the other new shooter did also. That's a first for me.

Al

(Philadelphia County)

UPDATE:

The range trip was a huge success. I don't think a first trip to the range could have gone any better. I was also very surprised by how much I liked his colt revolver. thanks again to Al for treating me to such a wonderful trip and I look forward to doing it again.

Al helped me get started as well, he's a great teacher. He also brought a selection of guns for me to try including a freshly built AR. Which reminds me... whatever you do just DON'T shoot his Colt revolver.
    Oops, too late. Get ready to test the tensile strength of your credit card

Lots of SPAG shooters here. We have to do a get together sometime soon. Maybe turn it into a whole "you try mine, I try yours" sort of thing.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Al helped me get started as well, he's a great teacher. He also brought a selection of guns for me to try including a freshly built AR. Which reminds me... whatever you do just DON'T shoot his Colt revolver.

Lots of SPAG shooters here. We have to do a get together sometime soon. Maybe turn it into a whole "you try mine, I try yours" sort of thing.
    Thanks for the words Mike...and great idea on the SPAG shooter meet. Funny thing is that the OP is the 3rd Mike (of the 4 PAFOAer) who went through this with me, uniballin being the other. Are you going to the ZRT shoot meet & BBQ on Aug. 29th? The info is here: http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...bbq-shoot.html . It was a blast last year.

Al

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post

I'm pretty good with keeping the money in the bank. I looked at the total of my student loans and saw that the number was greater than what most people will make in three years. That coupled with the fact that I have 3 more years of med school left at 60k per year will keep the firearms cache to a minimum. I'm going down to SPAG Saturday to sign up for a membership.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm pretty good with keeping the money in the bank. I looked at the total of my student loans and saw that the number was greater than what most people will make in three years. That coupled with the fact that I have 3 more years of med school left at 60k per year will keep the firearms cache to a minimum. I'm going down to SPAG Saturday to sign up for a membership.
    Check out the "Promotions" section on their site: http://www.philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com/

Al

(Philadelphia County)

Ouch! I know that feeling. My lovely wife came complete with a "reverse dowry" in the form of post-graduate college loans. Restraint is a good thing. I have none

My SPAG membership just lapsed. Too bad the next promotion isn't till Springfield day on Sept 11.
    I can't wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    Are you going to the ZRT shoot meet & BBQ on Aug. 29th? The info is here: http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...bbq-shoot.html . It was a blast last year.
    I somehow missed that thread. Hell yeah! I'm there. I'll try to finish my Saiga build so I can bring it along.

Does anyone know where I can take an NRA first step pistol course? I've been looking for a while and can't find anyone to proctor the course on a weekend. I'm a stay at home dad for the summer since that's the only break I get from school. I live in the Port Richmond area of Philly. Classic pistol wants $100/hr for instruction. That's more than I'll make after I finish medical school. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you looked here?

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    thanks for the link. I have a course scheduled for August 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12