Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Contagion 2010 Zombie Shoot

Thanks for the update Gary. The only thing that will keep me away from Contagion is total loss of internet access on Aug 23.

Not wanting you to let too much out of the bag, but my buddy and I started prepping for Zombie shoot after the WW2 shoot. Is it still practical and precision? Is it still 3 gun (shotgun, rifle, pistol). And is precision still 200 yards or will you guys be using the 600 yd range?

Thanks ahead of time for your hard work on this!

(Montgomery County)

George,

This shoot will involve the use of three firearms:

1. A magazine fed centerfire rifle i.e AR15, FAL, AK, SIG 556, etc.
    2. A pistol (we suggest a magazine fed pistol but a revolver would work)
    3. A pump or semi-auto shotgun

Some evolutions will most likely make use of two of the above!

As to your question on distance, knowing my partner Freddy's passion for long distance shooting, I suspect one stage will test the would-be Zombie Hunter's ability to "reach-out and touch" those long distance Zombies.

The courses of fire are being finalized by the design team and will be shortly submitted to the executive committee and then on to the safety committee for final approval.

The plan is to release all of the COF info (or at least as much as we're willing to share ) on the 9th.

Contagion 2010 will operate much differently than our shoot last year. Participants will be able to shoot as much or as little as they want. Your entry fee is exactly that. Once you're in feel free to shoot as many evolutions as you'd like and as often as time will permit.

Details on site logistics will be posted on the website along with the rules and regulations of the event.

Gary

(Montgomery County)

Are you someone who would like to shoot in our 2010 Contagion <Zombie> Shoot on Saturday October 23rd in Gap PA and serve as our event medic?

You must possess a valid State of Pennsylvania Paramedic or EMT certification as of 10/23/2010. You must be actively associated with a paid or volunteer ALS/BLS squad recognized by a municipality. You must be familiar with Incident Command. You must be over 21 years of age. You must be able to supply your own first in bag for the day of the event. First priority given to those from Lancaster County.

Please email me a contact number and your affiliation at lastdefender@aol.com

Regards,
    Gary

(Perry County)

Is there room for those of us who may just want to come an watch?
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper78 View Post
    Is there room for those of us who may just want to come an watch?
    You bet! Details will be posted on the site. You will need eye and ear protection and will need to sign our liability waiver. Due to the size of the event we will utilizing offsite parking and shuttle buses. For non-shooting guests we will as for a modest donation to help offset the transport costs. By modest, I mean a dollar or two.

Hope to see you there....

Gary

(Montgomery County)

Just a quick update. We are trying something new that I think you are all going to like. Last year my partner and I planned most all the evolutions. This year we've gone out to seven of the most diabolical zombie hunters we know and asked them to each design their own shooting stage. We gave them a budget, assigned them staff and turned them loose. They only have two rules; the evolutions have to pass the safety committee's review and they can't take more than five minutes to complete a stage. That's it.....

The rest is up to them.

Contagion 2010... Are you ready?

(Montgomery County)

Gary, are you going to taunt us all the way until the end of October with tidbits like that?

you are cruel, very cruel. I love it.

(Montgomery County)

Would I do that to you guys? Of Course!

My next big update will include much more detail on the event. From the planning side, we've already started to count down the days.

For those of you unfamilar with this event, we feel it is "the" Zombie Shoot on the East Coast. If you are at all interested in shooting with us, please pay careful attention to the registration date and time. As others here will attest, this shoot sells out in minutes. We hate to turn anyone away but we have a firm limit this year of 175 shooters.

Registration details will be spelled out on our web site. Look for that to be launched on August 9th.

Gary

In what may well be related news...

The U.S. Forest Service said Tuesday it was barring entry to caves on service-owned land in Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas and South Dakota because of white-nose syndrome, which has killed nearly a million bats in the eastern and southern U.S. and is spreading west. The agency said it took the action to help prevent humans from inadvertently spreading the disease.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

(Montgomery County)

And so it begins....

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast