Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Bail enforcement agent

I have been lookind to get into bail enforcement for awhile now,just wanted to know if anybody is a BEA and if so are you looking to take on any new agents.And if your not a bail enforcement agent do you know anybody who is
    i want to talke to somebody who is a agent,and maybe work for them to get my foot in the dooranybody that can help thanks

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Bail enforcement agent

Quote Originally Posted by sigma40cal View Post
    I have been lookind to get into bail enforcement for awhile now,just wanted to know if anybody is a BEA and if so are you looking to take on any new agents.And if your not a bail enforcement agent do you know anybody who is
    i want to talke to somebody who is a agent,and maybe work for them to get my foot in the dooranybody that can help thanks

I know 2 people that used to do it. One always told me that if he needed someone, he would let me know, but never called.

The other guy hasnt done it in a while.

I too am interested in getting into the bail enforcement business and would like to know also, since I would like to get my foot in the door as well.

AG

(Adams County)

The sherriff might be able to lead you in the right direction. Gettysburg court house, down the elevator and make two lefts.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

Bail agents dislike outsiders. They worry about someone taking business away from them. Once your in your in. There are a couple schools out there that claim you'll get work, not to sure about that. The field is not a get rich quick job by any means. The biggest problem you'll have is that it's CIVIL law, every one wants to sue. A bail agent doesn't want that liability, they don't want to hire anyone. They do sub contract. You'll need your own liability insurance, obviously training certificates and back grounds in similar fields helps. Police, Corrections. There are some forums and other web sites out there. Even myspace & facebook have stuff. Good luck.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(York County)

I was not going to post because I thought about going back into the business but wth. things you need to know "surety insurance" and how you might want to become a licensed insurance agent, learn taylor vs taintor inside and out. Guns, gear, phone, all tools you will need but the #1 NEED is the ability to lie, lie, lie. In all the years I worked as a bea I only had to take two gentleman to the ER before jail, and thats because they hurt themselves. There are a lot of things that time will teach you that you need " white cotton draw string laundry bag/hefty black garbage bags=for the Sh***** and spitters" and so on and so forth. If you have any question feel free to email me.

(York County)

Dear OP I mean no disrespect but I offer you years of experience into a field you wish enter and the one and only question you have for me is "Did you carry as a bea?". So here it goes YES I carried a 12ga when I had to make an entry. Loaded with slugs and 5 rounds of beanbag. I carried 3 devices of non-lethal force. Before I get spammed I was a bea in S.C. not PA. But back to my main point of this post. You could have asked me anything about how to run the business, when to use or avoid police, how to find your skip, even down to how to charge fees. The one and only question was "did you carry as a bea?". My advice Sir. is find something else to do. The job has nothing to do with guns as much as I feel you think it does. Its a business flat out and simple, you run it just like you would any other business. It takes a temperament that by your very questions or more fairly put lack of questions that makes my think that this is not for you. Just my advice but if you choose to go forward I wish you all the best and happy hunting.
    Last edited by Binary Encryption; July 24th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.

(York County)

hey binary, lighten up on the kid. he just wants to have a job that lets him wave a gun around. his screen name says that much. he doesn't understand that skip catching is more about attitude than anything else, and is not suited for the job (nor are most people). good to hear that you are out of it. it's a nasty business when it gets nasty.
    Last edited by justashooter; July 24th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Whatever you do, don't go out and buy every single piece of clothing that says "AGENT" on it, and then walk around conducting your daily business all decked out in raid gear...oh, and be advised, if you fuck up and kick in the wrong door, you are fair game for a shotgun to the face...
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    Whatever you do, don't go out and buy every single piece of clothing that says "AGENT" on it, and then walk around conducting your daily business all decked out in raid gear...oh, and be advised, if you fuck up and kick in the wrong door, you are fair game for a shotgun to the face...
    Even if you kick in the "right" door you have a good chance of getting a shotgun to the face whether it's "fair game" or not. That's a profession that ain't for the faint of heart.

(Adams County)

To just a shooter number one i dont go around waving a gun around,number 2 you dont even know me number 3 im sure your the best of the best right,wrong you dont know it all nobody knows it all.So befor you say something about somebody gets your facts right,thanks and have a good day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast