Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default How is Para Ordance?

So I've been looking for a 1911 for a while now, never owned one and don't know much about them and recently came across a used Para SSP stainless .45 for 700 bucks and was wondering if they are worth the money. I've read good reviews about them but heard negatives from a gunsmith friend. What are your opinions?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: How is Para Ordance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry H View Post
    So I've been looking for a 1911 for a while now, never owned one and don't know much about them and recently came across a used Para SSP stainless .45 for 700 bucks and was wondering if they are worth the money. I've read good reviews about them but heard negatives from a gunsmith friend. What are your opinions?
    I've always heard good things about them - quality guns - but I'm no expert and have never owned one. I have been interested in a 9mm Hawg Go to budsgunshop.com - they are a great gun dealer and they have Para factory displays for sale at great prices - 1911's from $ 599 up to $ 700 and they are pretty much new !!!! Good luck - let us know if you get one.

(Montgomery County)

I would not get one, if I were you. My local gun shop (which I dig) has had numerous problems with warranty work and poor customer service from Para Ordnance. Ask your local (and trusted) shop if they move a lot of Para Ordnance pistols and how they have worked out.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Franklin County)

I own one with their LDA trigger and it runs great. I'd certainly buy a Para again.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

what are you looking for the pistol to do ?

I wouldnt suggest it.

(Bucks County)

i have never owned a para 1911 but my favorite gunshop which i frequent often refuses to sell para ordnance guns because in the past he had numerous returns.

i have a couple springfield armory 1911's and each of them has run like a champ from the day i bought them, went bang every time i pulled the trigger, have good accuracy plus you can buy the loaded model NIB for around 700. SW, sig, taurus, rock river arsenal all make good 1911's and if you have 800-1000 you can buy a colt just realize your paying about 200 extra for the colt name.
    Last edited by wellcraft; July 20th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I own one with their LDA trigger and it runs great. I'd certainly buy a Para again.
    I agree with Greg, I've owned my Para 1911 for 4 weeks now and its now my favorite. I've fired Self defense ammo, Target, Reloads no problems at all. Its to large for my carry piece thats a Sig P250 compact. Its dangerously accurate at the range and i think its worth the $600 i payed for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Do not know about all of their guns but our LDA 9mm is from before the AWB and has had the snot shot out of it with zero problems.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Lancaster County)

I had a Carry 12 and it was the biggest piece of crap gun Ive ever owned. It was basically a 900 dollar paper weight. I felt guilty selling it because I tried everything and it just would not function properly. Their C/S sucks as well.

(Philadelphia County)

I have a para P14-45.

It would jam atleast once per mag. FTF only.

Over the past few months I has been getting better. However I would never trust it. The gun is a question mark when it comes to shooting. You just never know if it will work right.

I have cleaned it, oiled it, polised the feed ramp(what little ramp it has), ect. . .
    Nothing really helped. I think now that it is "broken in" it runs a little better. However, as I said, I would never trust it.

That is my experience with it. . . YMMV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast