Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Store & Range in one?

I would like to buy my first handgun in the next month. I have been doing some research online, but before I buy I want to be able to actually shoot a few of the guns that I am considering. I have read online that some shops have ranges & they will "rent" you a gun or allow you to shoot a used gun before buying a new one. Does anyone know of a shop like that in Western PA?

I am considering the SA XD, a Sig, and the Kimber KPD. Any thoughts on any of those guns would be greatly appreciated. I would love the Kimber Pro carry II, but I think it is out of my price range.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Store & Range in one?

Elite Firearms in Hermitage PA has an indoor range and a good selection of pistols. I do not know their policy on renting them, you would have to contact them at 724-962-1776.

(Westmoreland County)

I don't know of any shop / range combo's but of the three pistols you mentioned, I would recommend the XD. The XD has an easier trigger system to learn and the KPD does not have enough of a history.

Come to the next PMSC PAFOA shoot. You'll get a chance to shoot allot of different weapons.

(Westmoreland County)

A&S in Youngwood Is the one closest to me http://indoorpistolrange.com/index.html
    They dont really have a great selection, but you can bring your own ammo to their range. They have some rental guns and the people there have always been really nice to deal with.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Store & Range in one?

Well, if you wanna come up to the BIG city , you can come up to West Mifflin in the South Hills, and buy your gun @ Anthony Arms. They have an indoor range, and with the purchase of a handgun, they throw in an hour of free range time!

Bob

(Philadelphia County)

Not West PA, but if you ever find yourself in Southampton, check out Classic Pistol.

They are a storefront that offers rentals. Their selection is small, but they have the most popular makes readily available, ie. Glocks, XDs, SIGs, etc.

Good luck

(Allegheny County)

The clerk I spoke with at Anthony Arms also mentioned that you can rent the used guns to test fire before you decide to buy. You pay a fee to rent a gun there anyway. If you do rent a used one, he said the gun rental fee would be deducted from the sale price then. Personally, I have not actually tried to do that with them.

(Westmoreland County)

I'm not to familiar with your area, but Latrobe Army Navy rents guns at their indoor range and so does A&S as mentioned above.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I would like to buy my first handgun in the next month. I have been doing some research online, but before I buy I want to be able to actually shoot a few of the guns that I am considering. I have read online that some shops have ranges & they will "rent" you a gun or allow you to shoot a used gun before buying a new one. Does anyone know of a shop like that in Western PA?

I am considering the SA XD, a Sig, and the Kimber KPD. Any thoughts on any of those guns would be greatly appreciated. I would love the Kimber Pro carry II, but I think it is out of my price range.
    What size XD are you looking at? I have a sub-compact 9mm and am in your area.
    I own guns!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Well, if you wanna come up to the BIG city , you can come up to West Mifflin in the South Hills, and buy your gun @ Anthony Arms. They have an indoor range, and with the purchase of a handgun, they throw in an hour of free range time!

Bob
    Or, you can go directly to the downstairs range at Anthony's and rent a gun. They rent the more common handguns. Maybe they will have the one/two/three your interested in. You'll have to buy their ammo to use the range.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt