Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

What, no pics of girls touching my wooden posts?

Congrats to the winners!!!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    here's a look at the AR-50 50 BMG.

Our Girls Protected by MtnJack, Renegade and many other poofa and FOAC people.
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Beaver County)

My favorite part of the day was the tribute to our military present and past. Wonderful idea! I wish I had served! That Commerative Henry 22 is awesome!
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Allegheny County)

It was really nice!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Westmoreland County)

Chris,

As a member of FOAC I would like to thank you and your team for the excellent effort and devotion to make this, the 1st FOAC gun bash a great success! Thank you!

When you stop to think about all the pieces of the puzzle that needed fitted together to make this what it was - a success - it becomes mind boggling. The time and effort to choose the quality firearms,coordinate ticket sales, plan the mystery gun safe, raffle a 50 cal rifle with ammo, use an excellent catering service, secure the Marine Corp Color Guard, invocation by Mrs Mountain Jack, thank & honor those Veterans that have served our country by offering those in attendance a chance at beautiful commemorative (high end) rifle says a lot of your ability to persevere for a cause that you believe in - protecting the 2nd Amendment Rights.

If there was a fault it is with the state of the economy in today's world. The higher end tables ($20) took a while to sell out and not seeing the Barret find a home on the $50 raffle was a bit disappointing.

I worked the membership table, had some great conversations with people and signed up quite a few more new FOAC members. It was a great day for the organization thanks to folks like you and those on your team who worked with you making this a success.

For those of you that missed this one.......plan to attend the next one coming in May 2011!
    Last edited by Throwin Lead; September 4th, 2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

(Washington County)

That was an awesome bash. The guns that were being offered were fantastic. I didn't leave with a gun but I'm glad money went to help such a great cause. Oh and the food was excellent.

(Westmoreland County)

NEED MORE PICS!

There were a lot of pictures taken today - post 'em if ya got em!

(Dauphin County)

This was my first Gun Bash. I sat with Curmudgeon and MrsMntJack most of the day. We tried very hard to win something but were happy to donate.

The $5 & $20 choice tables were where my interests lied, but at those prices I could not afford to take many chances.

I was impressed with the mystery safe package.

The free give away of the rifle for those that have served or are serving was a nice touch.

Thoroughly enjoyed the food and beverage.

Overall it was a very nice day for the drive as well. I was somewhat surprised to see the number of people that came from central PA.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Cambria County)

If I were to change anything that you did....

I would open up the option of choosing from Multiple Tables right from the start. I liked the idea of buying a ticket that gave me a bigger choice (one gun from the $20 table, or 3 guns from the $5 table....). Heck, once you did that, we started chipping in and buying tickets together, cause we could divide the winnings if we had any. And this got us spending money we weren't going to spend at that time.

I agree with someone above, that seeing more guns moved would have motivated me to spend more money. I don't know how many you actually moved. But it didn't seem to be that many. Seemed like an awful lot of guns getting packed back up in the end. Seeing more people win, would have enticed me to spend even more, thinking my chances were better.

Something like selling tickets for the same price, but giving you two for that price, would move more tickets, which would move more guns. which would double my chances, which would have gotten the last $40 I had in my pocket into yours. (some of the drawings seemed to take an awful long time to happen. I think there was only two drawings, maybe three on the $20 table.)

Just my two cents worth. But I never ran one of these things, so take it for what it is worth. Please don't look at this at criticism. I thought the bash was great. Just telling you what would have gotten me to spend more, or should I say, the last of my money that I had in my pocket.

I'll be at the next one in May.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Just my two cents worth. But I never ran one of these things, so take it for what it is worth. Please don't look at this at criticism. I thought the bash was great. Just telling you what would have gotten me to spend more, or should I say, the last of my money that I had in my pocket.

I'll be at the next one in May.
    I think some way to have a ticket that involved more tables might be the trick. A multi-table ticket only might not be bad either.

For number selection, it was certainly more than fair after pulling a few three's myself and knowing that I mixed and tossed and shuffled the balls around...

I guess it is better to be lucky than good.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast