Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Dude at the Range Gave Me a TON of Free Ammo

So i got the new wheel gun (http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/10...wheel-gun.html)
    and took it right to the range the day I bought it. I almost completely forgot what happened to me while I was there.

I was down to about 20 or 30 rounds of ammo left and a guy from a few benches down walks over and asks if I need any 9mm Luger. "Sure!" I say, and he hands me a bag with 3 full boxes of ammo. "Whoa, thanks man, what do you want for it?" "Nothing, I just have a bunch of stuff I don't have guns for. Need .32 auto?" I didn't need .32 auto. I thanked him profusely while I was packing my things up to leave. I got in the car and headed home and it dawned on me. Maybe this poor sap thought that 9mm luger was different from 9x19, or 9mm parabellum. I don't know. He had a few guns with him, a little .22 SA revolver, a HK of some sort, didn't get a good look at it, and a larger caliber revolver that I didn't get a good look at either.

Maybe he just legitimately didn't have a 9mm gun. It was three boxes of UMC. Old style, looked like the attached pic. (Anyone know when they switched to the new green box?) The ammo itself looks good though. I'll probably shoot it soon. Thanks dude!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default Re: Dude at the Range Gave Me a TON of Free Ammo

That was the batch that might have been mistakenly loaded with C-4 explosive at the factory, it would destroy your gun if that were the case. You should send it to me, I'll dispose of it at a facility nearby, a place with a solid backstop, where everyone wears hearing and eye protection, and each destroyed round is monitored via a special paper with concentric lines.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That was the batch that might have been mistakenly loaded with C-4 explosive at the factory, it would destroy your gun if that were the case. You should send it to me, I'll dispose of it at a facility nearby, a place with a solid backstop, where everyone wears hearing and eye protection, and each destroyed round is monitored via a special paper with concentric lines.
    Oh yeah i heard about that stuff.
    Cant be too safe.

congrats on the score

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    See, just another reason why GunLawyer001 is such a respected member of our community here at PAFOA. Always willing to do such a great public service to keep others safe...while putting himself at risk.

Bravo!

Sounds like a good day at the range! I'd like to say thank you for being honest and not taking advantage of the guy to get a few boxes of .32ACP.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by electronics View Post
    Sounds like a good day at the range! I'd like to say thank you for being honest and not taking advantage of the guy to get a few boxes of .32ACP.
    Ha. I considered taking the .32 as well. You never know when a silly gun like something that takes .32 acp will sneak into your collection. Its happened to me before...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lebanon County)

Wow good for you. I didn't realize there were still people out there who did not want more than they paid for the ammo. I would have been all over the 32. i can't complain though. My wifes cousin gave me a black powder 44 and about 800 rounds of 223.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

(Berks County)

I could use some free .32 ACP for my Skorpion, but no one is offering it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Ha. I considered taking the .32 as well. You never know when a silly gun like something that takes .32 acp will sneak into your collection. Its happened to me before...
    Temptation is constant. How you deal with it is what matters.

I hate to be a kill joy, but it could also be a batch of for real reloaded ammo that has something wrong with it, whether intentionally done or not. I would be very leery of accepting ammo from a stranger, even in a factory box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast