Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Remington Model 887 Nitro Mag Tactical

anyone have any experience with these beasts? ive seen them at targetmaster for the same price as the powder coated 870 tacticals. while a lot of people think its ugly, i about j*** in my pants just looking at it, and it felt great to hold as well.

before i buy it, i wanted some comments on quality/reliability, which, if is anything like its father 870, should be exceptional

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Remington Model 887 Nitro Mag Tactical

Very mixed reviews on Shotgun World: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...?f=55&t=171613

(Chester County)

yeah, thats why i asked around here. it got me pretty worried reading through those horror stories about bent barrels and slamfires. the gun has so many awesome features for the price though, and it is a Remington. i almost always take reliability over features though, which is why im kinda torn.

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    yeah, thats why i asked around here. it got me pretty worried reading through those horror stories about bent barrels and slamfires. the gun has so many awesome features for the price though, and it is a Remington. i almost always take reliability over features though, which is why im kinda torn.
    I'd say to get an 870P if you want a Remington and don't yet have one. There's enough smoke there that you can tell that there's a fire somewhere, right?

(Chester County)

yeah i think i might get the 870 marine magnum or 870 express tactical grey instead. although i dont like the tiny forearm of the tactical and the marine is $700

yeah i think i might get the 870 marine magnum or 870 express tactical grey instead. although i dont like the tiny forearm of the tactical and the marine is $700
    Get the Police model. The improvements upon the more standard models are worth it.

(Lebanon County)

I picked one of these up Friday. They are not to common around these parts, so I had to order one in. I have fired magnum rounds through it on Friday, and just today I shot some 00 buck through it. The gun handles well, and the action is smooth. It now has replaced my Mossberg 500 as the "go to" gun. Its funny that all of the negative reviews I have read about this gun are the exact opposite of what I experienced. I'm glad I made this purchase. I'll try to remember to post pictures this afternoon.

Brad

(Chester County)

ive heard that all off the slamfire problems were with the 2009 models but that remington made undisclosed fixes and the 2010 model is alright. im still not sure about it though. keep me posted as you put some more rounds through it

I don't have the Remmy, but I have the Mossberg 835 turkey gun, which shoots 3 1/2" mags. When I got the gun, (maybe 7-8 yrs ago), I bought a box of 5- 3.5" turkey loads. I still have 2 of them left.

JMO, but 3.5" loads are entirely unnecessary. I've been shooting .300 & 7mm magnum rifles for many years, so I'm not recoil sensitive, but a 12ga, 3.5" magnum is sorta' like lighting off a stick of dynamite in your face. The 3" mags have always gotten the job done for me.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Adams County)

ive heard that all off the slamfire problems were with the 2009 models
    A "full-auto", 12 gauge, 3 1/2 inch magnum shotgun ? I'm thinking you could have a bruised up shoulder after that experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast