Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(York County)

Default Re: LEO community supporting private (citizens)carry

Many people claim to support the right. Precious few support the practice.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Many people claim to support the right. Precious few support the practice.

Generally the rank and file LEO's support our rights, it's the political hacks that get to the top that go with the "politicaly correct" anti-gun stance, and "encourage" their officers to do the same.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Pike County)

i've been stumbling around trying to show this because of all the cop-bashing that goes on here...i haven't been very effective but this thread works well, i hope...hats off to you

(Adams County)

I don't have a personal problem with LEOs. Most of them are fine people who are in support of personal rights. Like any other group, there are a few who give the rest a bad name. I've had run ins with some, but I don't hold their actions against the LE community as a whole.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Washington County)

I know several LEOs in the Pittsburgh area that support it 100% (right and practice). I was told by one of them that he wished people were smarter about it. He has pulled over multiple people who are carrying legally and they don't say anything they just act super nervous which in tern makes him nervous.

I have only been pulled over once since receiving my LTCF. But when I did get pulled over I turned on the overhead light (it was night), rolled down my window and kept my hands on the wheel. I told the officer I have a LTCF and I am carrying. He told me not to touch it and took my information and went on as if I wasn't carrying a gun.

Most good LEOs believe in the right but some have been tainted by ignorant citizens.
    Always have it, hope I never have to use it...

Quote Originally Posted by schmitch View Post
    I know several LEOs in the Pittsburgh area that support it 100% (right and practice). I was told by one of them that he wished people were smarter about it. He has pulled over multiple people who are carrying legally and they don't say anything they just act super nervous which in tern makes him nervous.
    They don't NEED to say anything about carrying in Pennsylvania. I wish I could say the same about Ohio.

People have had VERY hard times inflicted on them when they notified when not required to do so, like the NC man in VA who was falsely arrested for a variety of completely IMAGINARY "offenses". They concluded by trying to keep his firearm, AFTER a magistrate ordered him released and EXPLICITLY described his arrest as "false".

Here recently in Ohio, a man was arrested, charged and tried for "failure to notify promptly" after OBEYING THE COMMANDS OF POLICE to remain SILENT while they were HOLDING HIM AT GUNPOINT. He was acquitted at trial. And just for general information's sake, how LONG did he delay notifying while OBEYING THE LEO's COMMANDS? 51 seconds. If I have to, I'll shout over the cop in order to notify. If he doesn't like that, we'll let the chips fall where they may.

Sorry, arresting somebody for OBEYING YOUR ORDERS isn't "support". Some people would question whether it was even sane.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Monroe County)

Smarter about what? What good can come of notifying an officer that you're carrying a gun, when pulled over, or simply spoken to?

I don't want to harm the police. Therefore notifying the officer I'm legally armed isn't going to do anything but complicate the situation. It could turn a simple stop, into a potential rights violation, at the hands of the officer, because the citizen thought he was doing the right thing.

If you break the law, deal with it, then continue on your way. No need to tell the police you're lawfully armed, have the runs, or can't climax with your wife. None of this is their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    LEO do support the right to carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Generally the rank and file LEO's support our rights
    Quote Originally Posted by k12cop View Post
    i've been stumbling around trying to show this because of all the cop-bashing that goes on here...i haven't been very effective but this thread works well, i hope...hats off to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    there are a few who give the rest a bad name. I've had run ins with some, but I don't hold their actions against the LE community as a whole.
    Most good LEOs believe in the right but some have been tainted by ignorant citizens.

This site does not BASH COPS!

The posters here BASH ** BAD ** COPS ! ! ! ! !

In addition to those who misuse their authority on the street, we also complain about those who misuse their authority in the administration for discouraging or violating of citizen's rights....

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

As Public Servants who have been entrusted with life-and-death decisions over the populace (or freedom vs jail), they must demonstrate honesty, integrity and self-control to properly fulfill their duties....

MOST POSTERS HERE WOULD SUPPORT ANY LEO IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR 'CONSTITUTIONALLY-APPROVED' DUTIES...

And when will the rank-and-file (and the administrators) actually step-up and CONDEMN THEIR FELLOW LEOs WHO VIOLATE CITIZENS RIGHTS!!!???!!!

Last edited by ImminentDanger; July 20th, 2010 at 10:58 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

A friend of mine has said that it is wise to assume that everyone is armed. Better for both parties.
    When I go out I always figure that the person I am interacting with has some form of protection on them. I also figure that the stranger I meet is armed just as I am.
    I don't announce and don't expect to be asked unless the circumstances warrant it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast