Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Where to get pistol engraved/laser etched/inlaid/etc??

My best buddy and son's Godfather is about to come home after his 2nd tour in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne. He is going to OCS next, and making the Army a career. He is really just starting to be into personal firearms outside of his job, and I want to do something nice. I want to give him either an M9 or 1911 engraved and done up really nice with Army insignias, maybe his name, who knows what else. Anybody know how this can be accomplished??
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Where to get pistol engraved/laser etched/inlaid/etc??

I had mine done by a company called rockyourglock.com Mine were Glocks but he may do any other pistols as well. Unless your friend has been in the Army for over fifteen years I think I would give him a M9A1 instead of the 1911. I heard of jewerly stores doing engravings on guns as well. Here is something to consider though. After getting into handguns myself and purchasing a bunch, I still felt a need to find exactly what I carried while I was in the Navy. For me, a Colt WW2 era 1911 is out of reach cost wise, but whatever pistol your friend is currently carrying, presumably the M9 or M9A1, may be just as meaningful a gift without engravings. When you talk to him again please thank him for his service for me. Brian

(Somerset County)

Thumbs up Re: Where to get pistol engraved/laser etched/inlaid/etc??

Creations in laser.
    (814)442-0535

Laser engraving most materials,size limited to 12"x24"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Where to get pistol engraved/laser etched/inlaid/etc??

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I had mine done by a company called rockyourglock.com Mine were Glocks but he may do any other pistols as well. Unless your friend has been in the Army for over fifteen years I think I would give him a M9A1 instead of the 1911. I heard of jewerly stores doing engravings on guns as well. Here is something to consider though. After getting into handguns myself and purchasing a bunch, I still felt a need to find exactly what I carried while I was in the Navy. For me, a Colt WW2 era 1911 is out of reach cost wise, but whatever pistol your friend is currently carrying, presumably the M9 or M9A1, may be just as meaningful a gift without engravings. When you talk to him again please thank him for his service for me. Brian

Thanks for the input Brian! I am wrestling with that issue as well, a M9 or a 1911. He obviously is issued the M9 and suppose he likes it fine, however he was drooling over my Kimber last time he was home and his first and only personal pistol is an XD45. I think after toting the 3lbs of Beretta steel all over the sandbox polymer is a welcome change. Also, after OCS, he will probably be teaching IED CSI in the States, and therefore have more time for recreational shooting. Rockmyglock is a option too becasue he was, again, drooling over my G21. Kinda ironic considering he gets to play with M60's, 40mm launchers, and Spectre Gunships everyday!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**