Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default This is why I prefer Glocks

I went to the range today and shot my 2 main carry guns, G30 and a G33 with a Glock 40 barrel in it. This was the first time in a couple months that I shot these guns or any pistol.

I suprised myself by shooting pretty well after not shooting for a while. Both guns were shot rapid fire as fast as I can shoot while maintaining control and sight picture. I can tell you the out of all the Glocks I have, and I have a bunch, the G30 is by far the best and probably the easiest to shoot.

First is the G30, 20 rnds at 7 yds.

Next the G33, 18 rnds at 7 yds.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: This is why I prefer Glocks

I love my Glock 30, especially with the 9 round magazines. For some reason it really fits my natural aim point. Great shooting!
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Beaver County)

I agree with you. I own two Glocks (21 & 26), both are very accurate and easy to shoot. The main problem I have with my 26 is that it doesn't have an accessory rail. I'm looking into purchasing a G32 because I've heard and read a bunch of good stuff on the caliber. I did hear a problem with .357sig cracking Glock frames though. I'm not entirely sure if it was on one specific model or not. I was also considering a G23, with conversion barrels for both 9mm and 40sw. Anyways a little off-topic, but I figured I'd share what I was thinking.

-Joe

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    I agree with you. I own two Glocks (21 & 26), both are very accurate and easy to shoot. The main problem I have with my 26 is that it doesn't have an accessory rail. I'm looking into purchasing a G32 because I've heard and read a bunch of good stuff on the caliber. I did hear a problem with .357sig cracking Glock frames though. I'm not entirely sure if it was on one specific model or not. I was also considering a G23, with conversion barrels for both 9mm and 40sw. Anyways a little off-topic, but I figured I'd share what I was thinking.

-Joe
    Nice shootin AR.

Shootist, I'm not sure about frames but Glock did have a run of "E" series G23's ( and other models) that broke rear rails ( I have one of those). My G32 ( which now sports a .40 bbl) never had an issue. I ran 3 or 4 700+ round classes with it and had no problems.

Somewhere along the next few classes, I switched to the G23 and a rail broke during one of those. I found it about a week later as I was detail stripping the 23. I'm not sure when it broke but the gun never malfed.

27leftyhand

(Lancaster County)

It seems either Glocks fit you or they dont. When they fit they fit good.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Nice shooting.

On a similar note I saw a glock literally fall apart on the range the other day. Not trying to turn this into a glock bash thread. Just never saw a gun do that before.

(Westmoreland County)

I am so with you on this one John! We had two rounds blow up inside the chamber of a G26 at the range in less than 15 minutes and it still shoots like it's brand new. Love my Glock!

(Wyoming County)

I'm on a ton of rounds through my glock 17 with 33 round mag drops and everything and only had one stove pipe with terrible ammo. The round didn't have enough powder to push the slide back. I have easily 1500+ through it with one stove pipe.

edit

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...%26filter_4%3D

Isn't that the recoil buffer is for to save your frame from breaking? Also have any of the glock 21's had any problem with the frames?
    Last edited by shooker8; July 18th, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    On a similar note I saw a glock literally fall apart on the range the other day. Not trying to turn this into a glock bash thread. Just never saw a gun do that before.
    Too many Glock owners hear about how reliable the Glock is and wind up abusing them...

Never cared much for them... I shot an early model and the grip angle felt wrong, the trigger felt like something off of a water gun and the mags didn't drop free.

-Tom
    (who is a SIG snob... lol)
    "For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Nice shooting.

That is strange no matter what manufacturer it is.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast