Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: This is why I prefer Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommel View Post
    Too many Glock owners hear about how reliable the Glock is and wind up abusing them...

Never cared much for them... I shot an early model and the grip angle felt wrong, the trigger felt like something off of a water gun and the mags didn't drop free.

-Tom
    (who is a SIG snob... lol)
    Yes early glock mags sucked, I have a early 2nd gen G17 with so many rnds through it with zero malfunctions. As for sigs I had plenty, still have 1 awesome 220 west german gun, I will still take my G30 over it. (I'm a Glock snob). LOL

(Butler County)

Glocks are good and I own 2, carry one regularly. But my heart belongs to another. It came from John Moses Browning.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    I agree with you. I own two Glocks (21 & 26), both are very accurate and easy to shoot. The main problem I have with my 26 is that it doesn't have an accessory rail. I'm looking into purchasing a G32 because I've heard and read a bunch of good stuff on the caliber. I did hear a problem with .357sig cracking Glock frames though. I'm not entirely sure if it was on one specific model or not. I was also considering a G23, with conversion barrels for both 9mm and 40sw. Anyways a little off-topic, but I figured I'd share what I was thinking.

-Joe
    Nice shooting OP...

I have a G32 and have a few thousand rounds through it. I love the caliber and the pistol. I have never had an issue with the pistol. It is my every day carry gun.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    I agree with you. I own two Glocks (21 & 26), both are very accurate and easy to shoot. The main problem I have with my 26 is that it doesn't have an accessory rail. I'm looking into purchasing a G32 because I've heard and read a bunch of good stuff on the caliber. I did hear a problem with .357sig cracking Glock frames though. I'm not entirely sure if it was on one specific model or not. I was also considering a G23, with conversion barrels for both 9mm and 40sw. Anyways a little off-topic, but I figured I'd share what I was thinking.

-Joe
    I wouldn't worry about cracking the frame, as 27hand said Glock had an issue with some E prefix serial numbered guns. Other than that I don't here anything about frames cracking.

The 357 sig is a nice rnd, great reliability and accuracy, I refer to it as a 9mm on steroids.

glock r nice and time proven. too bad they don't fit my hand well... :-(
    Mossberg835, SA XD9Service, TaurusPT745SS, WaltherP22, SA XD9SC SS

(Delaware County)

maybe 1 day glock will put out a gun where we can change the back straps..then, I'll buy a glock.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    maybe 1 day glock will put out a gun where we can change the back straps..then, I'll buy a glock.
    I believe you can on the Gen 4 models

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...4-glock-photo/

(Allegheny County)

I absolutely love mine. It just works. Flaming hot, dry, full O' lint. It doesn't care, it runs the same as the days I preclean and lube it before shooting. It shoots pretty well for such a small gun too. (26) No regrets whatsoever, except I should have gotten it sooner. It's a "feel good" kind of gun. If I ever needed it, I have serious faith it will do it's part in keeping me alive.

I know there are a lot of good guns out there, but I'm totally satisfied with this one.

Now I need more of them.
    Last edited by Asmodeus6; July 19th, 2010 at 02:16 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GregorOneEye View Post
    I love my Glock 30, especially with the 9 round magazines. For some reason it really fits my natural aim point. Great shooting!

I love my 30, but it has to have the extended 10-round mag...otherwise the flush mag just feels a little too short. Great shooting though!
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Nice shooting.

On a similar note I saw a glock literally fall apart on the range the other day. Not trying to turn this into a glock bash thread. Just never saw a gun do that before.
    If you partially begin to field strip the Glock. By pulling the slide partially back and pulling down on the release switches, but do not completely remove the slide, the next time you pull the trigger the slide will fall off the front. There are three "locks" holding the slide where it is. One being the switch. Another being the Slide's poisition and the third being the Trigger's poisition. It's possible to do these three things unintentionally and out of order and make it fall apart.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast