Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Almost comical OC at dollar general....

Well I walked into the dollar general in Walnutport OC'ing. After being in the store for mere seconds, a lady working the store walked right up next to me, placed something on the shelf, and turned her head so far backward's that she had to twist her back to look. (not obviouse at all lol) after that she walked back to the counter where the other casheir said something inaudible. the neck breaker than said "Yea im going to do it right now"

At this point I thought, "here we go,.....cops...." At that moment she comes over the intercom and say's "attention dollar general shoppers, for the saftey and welfare of our customers. (im thinking evacuate) all premises are recorded on closed circuit TV. thank you and have a good day"

I then heard her say to the other casheir, "only cops should carry gun's" the rest of the conversation was inaudible. I checked out, not a word said by either of them, I thanked them and said have a good night and left,

I laughed all the way home.......

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Almost comical OC at dollar general....

Like CCTV has ever stopped violence... Its a shame some people just dont get it and others just freak out at the sight of OC...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    Like CCTV has ever stopped violence... Its a shame some people just dont get it and others just freak out at the sight of OC...
    You're correct, criminals are mostly at the lower end of the IQ bell curve, which is why there are dozens of shows on TV that show video footage of criminals in the act. My guess is that some thugs are deterred by cameras, but others will just slip on a bandanna or other disguise (although they're still so stupid that it never occurs to them that the cops can look at the footage of them in the store BEFORE they began their robbery gig.)

The more fundamental fact is that robbers usually like to surprise the victims by pulling the gun from their waistband right before the robbery. The bad guys don't OC except at parties in their cribs with their homies and ho's (or for the white criminals, in their evil corporate headquarters surrounded by their Brooks Brothers-suited henchmen and amply-cleavaged femme fatales and sharks with lasers. I learn all these things from the movies.)
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

You should be offended, but I understand if you aren't.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

They way I look at it is, I am a total gear head, I live and sleep cars. I come across a person that knows absolutely nothing about engine's, and think I am crazy for knowing every single ring, pinion, bearing, temperature, ect.

I know that there is people out there that know nothing about firearm's, and I do not care if they want to be arrogant to the subject. If they are curious, I'll engage in a conversation all night. I don't loose sleep over ignorant people. i kill with kindness with a smile and wave....
    Last edited by scott_hess556; July 18th, 2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Fixed the spelling

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by scott_hess556 View Post
    They way I look at it is, I am a total gear head, I live and sleep cars. I come across a person that knows absoloutly nothing about engine's, and think I am crazy for knowing every single ring, pinion, bearing, tempiture, ect.

I know that there is people out there that know nothing about firearm's, and I do not care if they want to be eregant to the subject. If they are curiouse, I'll engauge in a converstation all night. I don't loose sleep over ignorant people. i kill with kindness with a smile and wave....
    U mite wont 2 chek into sum kinda spel checker thingy. Just sayin.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Venango County)

When they had made the announcement, I would have asked if the cameras were loaded.

(Clinton County)

That's when I smile as big as I can and pretend like nothing was said and then tip my hat and say, "Y'all have a nice day."

Reacting to their childishness only helps their efforts to drag the situation down to their level.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Re: Almost comical OC at dollar general....

You should have walked up to the register and asked the woman if she had anything that would be sure to get infants blood off of a wedding dress and your car's trunk's carpet.

Then... ran outside and let a few rounds fly straight up into the sky (for safety's sake), maybe even pump a few into the soda machine (people get too much high-fructose corn syrup as it is) just to make a point.

Did you offer anyone at the store an OC flyer or otherwise try to improve the situation? Or, is this just another hee-haw thread about them there gun-fearers and them fancy intercoms?
    F*S=k

(Northampton County)

"eregant" - my dumb ass actually thought that might be a word so I looked it up LOL.

Funny story.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast