Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Adjusting fixed sights

Anyone know the best way to adjust fixed sights? I've got a Taurus 24/7 with Heinie Straight-8 sights and they're way out I may just change them out for night sights at some point, I don't know. I'm going to look into it. Any good places to buy sights would be helpful? Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Adjusting fixed sights

To adjust the windage you'll need a brass or nylon punch to drift the rear sight IN THE DIRECTION YOU WANT THE SHOTS TO CHANGE....ie, to shoot farther to the left, move the sight to the LEFT. If the elevation is off there's nothing you can do except to get a shorter or taller front sight...IF the manufacturer has them available. If you want it to shoot higher you will need a SHORTER front sight, etc.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

If you know what a machinist clamp is continue reading, if not learn about machinist clamps forst.

Take your machinist clamp, make a threaded hole 1/4 nf in it about 3/4 of an inch from the inner screw, put a 1/4 nf screw in this new threaded hole, this will push your sight either way depending on the way you put the clamp on.

I drew a screw in the image above to give an idea of what i mean. Quick easy way to avoid the $250 purchase of a sight chaser. Click on the picture to get a larger view. The idea behind the machinist clamp is to get 2 large flat layers on the sides of the gun so there is no damage there. by adding a threaded screw to the tip, you can make a chaser you can actually ajust by turning the screw
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

(Delaware County)

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=163458

I have one of these. They are actually made in the Philly area, IIRC.

It will mark up sights that are slanted on the sides like Glock sights, and some Trijicons. I put a piece of fabric between the pusher, and my Heinie's, and it didn't leave a mark on those. I could not get the Heinies on with a hammer and punch, they are just too tightly fit.

Wow and just $100 too... Makes my machinist clamp with a screw in it at $15 look bad
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly