Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default What is this Texas?

So I was literally just for a walk down to my local Turkey Hill to grab soda and smokes. OC of course . I walked in, said hello, grabbed my items, and subsequently paid. When I walked out I noticed two mid twenty's males strolling across from the local bar. They were apparently drunk by their demeanor. I lit my smoke, turned to walk toward my house, and heard him say quietly to his friend "What he think this is Texas now, fuckin pussy." I really wanted to turn around and say "Nope, this isn't legal in Texas" , but I bit my tongue and kept walking. Nothing good would have come from trying to educate some drunken, verbally abusive hood rats.

Default Re: What is this Texas?

What a surprise that they were not men enough to actually say anything to you. I think you are correct in assuming that trying to educate them would have been futile.
    You cannot turn the other cheek if you are already dead.

Knowing when NOT to do things, that really shows intelligence and self-restraint.

It's times like this where I wish I could get inside their head, and see what makes them mess with someone with a gun. It's most likely their own sense of insecurity, but who knows.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by blankexistance View Post
    Knowing when NOT to do things, that really shows intelligence and self-restraint.

It's times like this where I wish I could get inside their head, and see what makes them mess with someone with a gun. It's most likely their own sense of insecurity, but who knows.

There ARE people out there who are not "intimidated" by the sight of a handgun on your side. They are crazy motherfu¢kers who may be interested in seeing how much of a "tough guy" you really are - walking around with a gun and all.

I think that's something worth thinking about.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    There ARE people out there who are not "intimidated" by the sight of a handgun on your side. They are crazy motherfu¢kers who may be interested in seeing how much of a "tough guy" you really are - walking around with a gun and all.

When discretion and enlightened self-interest has been replaced with a willingness to accept anhiliation. For no reason.

Scary, ain't it?

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Monroe County)

Those guys weren't interested in being educated. It was an opening to see how far they could fuck with you till they found a reason to hurt you. Standard douchery. You telling them they were wrong, nomatter how polite and informative you were, would have been enough to make them feel like you were talking down on them/picking a fight. You did the right thing in ignoring them.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Delaware County)

Avoidance is the key to successful self defense.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Been there done that. I've realized long ago there are all sorts of crazy people out there who will jump down your throat at the littlest of things. Gun related or not.

When I OC, I don't do it to intimidate anyone. I do it for myself only. I don't care what other people think, though I know I'll hear their opinion, whether I want to or not, and that's their right. It's the fact that they think they have an obligation to get in your face about it that's the problem.

My comment was the fact that, since they do have a gun, they have the possibility to be more devastating if it were to turn to violence. My comment was saying it was the Darwin Awards in action.

I was commenting on the OP's foresight to not say anything at all. Nothing good would have come of it. Some people cannot be talked to, or enlightened. They choose to remain close minded.

Its sad.

I don't know, maybe they really didn't intend for you to hear it and were just trying to make a joke. I know when my dad thinks he's whispering, he's basically at speaking volume but without engaging his vocal chords. You'll be walking along with him and he'll see a... let's call it "interesting looking" individual and say "Look at this one" 6' behind them, and they will turn around to both of us trying to not laugh--me because I find it funny how bad he is at whispering, and him because he finds weird looking people funny. Dirty looks, to say the least.

Ignoring their comment was the right move, IMO. Avoiding a confrontation with Beer Muscles and his sidekick Jokey might have saved you a whole lot of hassle.

Good for you using common sense and ignoring them.

Try being an O/Cing female. You wouldn't believe what comes out of some ball-less wonders mouths.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast